Massachusetts allows school to continue with electric shocks
In 2012, video of electric shock conditioning used inside the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center was released to the public for the first time. It showed 18-year-old Andre McCollins being restrained face down, shouting for help from the people around him. His calls go unanswered, and he is given repeated shocks which cause him to scream in pain.
The footage appears to show McCollins being tortured. The Judge Rotenberg Center (JRC) is not a rogue interrogation facility in a failed state, however, but a facility for children and adults with learning disabilities in Massachusetts.
Last week... read more
- 12:01 Savvy pupils turn disused block into business hub
- 12:00 BREAKING: Body found in Skegness park
- 11:59 Yorkshire Regiment’s freedom march through Wakefield
- 11:56 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 11:55 20 firefighters and five appliances tackle Carlisle farm building fire
- 11:55 F1 2018 driver salaries: Lewis Hamilton not best paid despite new...
- 11:55 The Open 2018: third round – live!
- 11:54 Toblerone: Bar to revert to original shape
- 11:53 Arsenal signing Lucas Torreira practices free-kicks on holiday with...
- 11:53 IBF boxing champion Josh Warrington gets Leeds Civic Hall reception
- 11:53 Second youth charged after shots are fired at house in Leeds
- 11:52 Residents were at risk in Wigan care home
- 11:52 City of Culture bid plans underway in Lancashire
- 11:52 Work starts on bridge damaged by Storm Desmond
- 11:51 Peterborough tell Derby County to up offer for Jack Marriott
- 11:49 This is when Bramcote Open Day is taking place
- 11:49 First-time buyers need almost SIX times the average wage to get a...
- 11:48 100th anniversary of Halifax soldier’s death
- 11:46 Hundreds turn out for annual charity football tournament
- 11:46 Urgent repairs to begin on Wharton roundabout bridge later this month
- 11:46 Sanctuary Housing in Chester holding summer activity sessions for...
- 11:45 Smart meters are unlikely to give the expected benefits to...
- 11:43 Men arrested over burglary at Swan & Cemetery, Bury, released on bail
- 11:40 Nine activists defending the Earth from violent assault
- 11:40 1m more smart meters which hinder switching could be rolled out
- 11:40 Mum who used to scoff THREE DINNERS A NIGHT shed six stone - and...
- 11:40 'What is this world coming to?' - police cordon off road in...
- 11:39 City of Culture bid plans underway in Lancashire
- 11:39 Shows deal with knives and bullying
- 11:35 Northampton McDonald's reopened with table service and app after...