Massachusetts allows school to continue with electric shocks
In 2012, video of electric shock conditioning used inside the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center was released to the public for the first time. It showed 18-year-old Andre McCollins being restrained face down, shouting for help from the people around him. His calls go unanswered, and he is given repeated shocks which cause him to scream in pain.
The footage appears to show McCollins being tortured. The Judge Rotenberg Center (JRC) is not a rogue interrogation facility in a failed state, however, but a facility for children and adults with learning disabilities in Massachusetts.
Last week... read more
- 01:27 'Cut lamb and beef' to fight climate change
- 01:17 Brisbane construction firm Canstruct made $43m profit running Nauru...
- 01:07 Marin Cilic praises emotional John Isner for ATP Finals display...
- 01:07 John Lewis Christmas advert: Sir Elton John is the star of this...
- 00:57 Big Little Lies author Liane Moriarty: Sibling rivalry made me...
- 00:53 California wildfires: Is Trump right when he blames forest managers?
- 00:53 Cameroon conflict: 'We live in fear in Bamenda'
- 00:53 Fake news in Turkey: Hunting for truth in land of conspiracy
- 00:52 Will there be snow on Christmas Day 2018?
- 00:44 Suneung: The day silence falls over South Korea
- 00:43 MiSafes' child-tracking smartwatches are 'easy to hack'
- 00:37 Elton John brings star quality to John Lewis Christmas advert
- 00:31 John Lewis Christmas advert 2018 The Boy and the Piano released...
- 00:31 Trump claims people wear disguises to vote illegally in Florida
- 00:31 Councils face £536m shortfall in Send budgets, says LGA
- 00:23 Iceland is selling Marmite flavoured sprouts this Christmas
- 00:21 Sudoku 4,218 hard
- 00:21 Should we pay people for donating blood or not?
- 00:20 John Lewis Christmas advert: Sir Elton John is the star of this...
- 00:16 Man Utd news: Marko Arnautovic revelation - West Ham star almost...
- 00:16 Man City news: Benjamin Mendy issues APOLOGY after knee surgery
- 00:16 Stormy Daniels lawyer Michael Avenatti arrested over domestic...
- 00:15 Parents spending heavily on mystery toys
- 00:15 Hand car washes should be licensed say MPs
- 00:11 Chechnya uses televised shamings to stop dissent
- 00:11 White House aide Mira Ricardel removed after Melania Trump row
- 00:07 Chaos and confusion as Rohingya refugee repatriations set to begin
- 00:05 The number of Brummies heartbreakingly suffering from dementia is...
- 00:05 Coca-Cola scales back Christmas truck tour amid sugary drink backlash
- 00:05 Charles Bronson tells jury there aren't "enough man hugs in this...