Marc Jones responds to police funding statement
Lincolnshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, Marc Jones, has responded to yesterday’s publication of the Force Management Statement in which Chief Constable Bill Skelly warned of the ‘tough choices ahead’ if more Government funding is not provided.
In a statement, Mr Jones said: “The release this week of the Force Management Statement has put into stark language the funding challenges facing Lincolnshire Police. But this is not new information.
“In January 2017, I announced I was using £4m from reserves to prop up the budget.
“In a statement, released to the press and published on my... read more
- 04:23 'Lack of training' at Bradgate Mental Health Unit led to death of...
- 04:23 Investigation launched to find out why white working class children...
- 04:17 North Korea warns US sanctions could derail plans to denuclearise
- 03:28 Yael Stone alleges Geoffrey Rush acted inappropriately towards her...
- 03:28 Saudi Arabia rejects US Senate 'interference' in kingdom's affairs
- 03:06 Workplace reforms 'will protect gig economy workers'
- 03:03 Alan Shearer slams Romelu Lukaku for being ‘bullied’ by Virgil van...
- 02:59 Our lock-and-leave culture: the rise of self-storage and clinging...
- 02:50 Hull hotel cancels homeless people's Christmas day booking
- 02:46 Why Carlos Pena’s return is a problem for Rangers
- 02:46 Brendan Rodgers admits Celtic ‘might need two’ new strikers
- 02:46 Rumour Mill: Celtic and Rangers eye former Real Madrid striker |...
- 02:37 Michael Cheika survives as Scott Johnson is named Wallabies'...
- 02:32 Laura Ashley to close 40 UK stores amid a push into China
- 02:30 Vegan equality at the Cellar Club
- 02:25 Mexico launches $7.4bn Tren Maya railway project
- 02:16 Overactive immune system 'may trigger ME-like symptoms'
- 01:58 Why more people are using these libraries
- 01:57 Drivers using mobile phones in NSW to be caught with new cameras
- 01:39 YP letters: Battling to find funds for local needs
- 01:31 Andrew Broad resigns as minister following allegations of...
- 01:19 YP Letters: Respect our shopworkers at busy time of year
- 01:09 Saudi Arabia condemns US Senate 'interference'
- 01:09 The Yorkshire Post says: “Dickensian picture” of poverty is deeply...
- 01:09 Plan for Brexit needed now
- 01:09 YP Letters: Get behind the Prime Minister’s deal to get us out of...
- 01:07 Sudoku 4245 easy
- 01:07 NFL wrap: Steelers top Pats while Bears make playoffs for first...
- 00:47 HS2: MPs had 'enormously wrong' cost estimate, says whistleblower
- 00:46 FCA under fire over Lloyds compensation scheme