Marc Jones responds to police funding statement
Lincolnshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, Marc Jones, has responded to yesterday’s publication of the Force Management Statement in which Chief Constable Bill Skelly warned of the ‘tough choices ahead’ if more Government funding is not provided.
In a statement, Mr Jones said: “The release this week of the Force Management Statement has put into stark language the funding challenges facing Lincolnshire Police. But this is not new information.
“In January 2017, I announced I was using £4m from reserves to prop up the budget.
“In a statement, released to the press and published on my... read more
- 04:51 Celtic Boys Club beast Jim Torbett 'convinced Celtic to sign victim...
- 04:51 Blind dad running Santa Dash for stem cell treatment so he can see...
- 04:51 Mum overjoyed as five-year-old son speaks to her for first time
- 04:51 RBS bosses launch probe into 'culture of bullying' at bank
- 04:51 'Breaking Bad' chemist at Paisley drugs factory developed own pills...
- 04:51 Scottish tycoon's mysterious death plunge could have been Russian...
- 04:51 Be in no doubt - Theresa May lied to Parly over her disastrous...
- 04:45 Australian Tax Office contractors accused of links to tax havens
- 04:45 Japan's crown princess 'insecure' about becoming empress due to...
- 04:13 Workplace parking spaces in Leicester should be taxed, claims...
- 04:02 Dutton's department's visa outsourcing plan accused of being...
- 03:47 Topps Tiles opens showroom for its Parkside commercial business at...
- 03:37 Ambani-Piramal wedding: Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian event
- 03:14 Roger the kangaroo: Enormous roo dies aged 12
- 03:06 Should homeless people be expected to live in a box?
- 03:06 Legal aid advice network 'decimated' by funding cuts
- 03:06 Three Northern Ireland ambulance staff attacked by patient
- 03:06 Carwyn Jones considered quitting over Carl Sargeant death
- 02:27 Yellow vest protests: Macron to hold crisis meeting
- 02:26 Isha Ambani wedding: Beyoncé and Hillary Clinton jet to India for...
- 01:54 Armenia election: PM Nikol Pashinyan ahead in snap poll
- 01:45 Jamal Khashoggi murder: Saudi Arabia refuses to extradite suspects...
- 01:41 The women who have less power than you think
- 01:41 Five things to know this week: Will Google manage to calm Trump?
- 01:41 Why women in South Korea are cutting 'the corset'
- 01:23 Top score award given to Kelsey sharpshooter
- 01:19 Angela Smith: The People’s Vote is only way out of Brexit gridlock
- 01:19 Jayne Dowle: Where are the apprentices to build the future?
- 01:19 Claire Holland: Brexit reveals the need to tackle our skills...
- 01:15 First two F-35A fighter jets to arrive in Australia amid warning on...