Manchester United and rest of Premier League 'big six' will threaten to breakaway if TV cash vote goes against them
The so-called big six in the Premier League could threaten to break away if their bid for more TV cash is rejected.
The Mirror report Manchester United , Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham are demanding 35 per cent of the next overseas deal is distributed by league position rather than the policy of an equal share among the 20 Premier League clubs.
Although it is believed Everton , Leicester and West Ham will support the move, which has been branded “greedy” by the others, it needs a two-thirds majority (14-6) to carry.
Despite frantic lobbying from Premier League... read more
- 13:31 New move in £16.8m football hubs project
- 13:30 Meet Coventry's most famous dog with an army of Instagram followers
- 13:29 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100
- 13:23 Why Meghan wears shoes that are too big for her
- 13:22 Teenage jogger who accidentally crossed border from Canada to the...
- 13:22 Britain is on the brink of a halloumi shortage - and cheese lovers...
- 13:20 Ukraine Roma camp attack leaves one dead
- 13:20 Man Utd transfer news: Kylian Mbappe linked with STUNNING move...
- 13:20 Theatre company marks half a century of performances at unique open...
- 13:20 Cadet officers honoured by Queen in ceremony at Belvoir Castle
- 13:17 This is what it is like to be pulled over by police and breathalysed
- 13:16 Family devastated after WW2 veteran grandfather's ashes stolen from...
- 13:16 Majority of Scots ‘would pay more tax to help NHS’
- 13:10 Labour frontbenchers defend no show at anti-Brexit march
- 13:10 Outcry as thousands of Solihull residents await replacement bins
- 13:07 USA follow victory over Scotland with six-try beating of Canada
- 13:04 Kylian Mbappe next club odds: Man City out in front in race to sign...
- 13:00 Vets urge pet owners to protect pets as temperatures soar
- 12:59 Gareth Southgate sends message to England players ahead of...
- 12:58 Boy, six, seriously injured in horror motorbike hit-and-run at...
- 12:55 Firms shortlisted for rural awards
- 12:55 Police hunt burglar who stole £200 Nike trainers from Barrow house
- 12:54 Power fault disrupts Eurotunnel cross-Channel services
- 12:53 Forget contouring, people are using prosthetic make-up to sculpt...
- 12:53 Victoria Beckham’s camoflouge t-shirt is all the rage – here’s...
- 12:51 The Yorkshire farm shops you have to visit
- 12:50 Transfer News LIVE updates: Ronaldo to Man Utd latest, Chelsea,...