Manchester City manager unaware of release clause in De Bruyne’s contract
Pep Guardiola has denied any knowledge of a release clause in Kevin De Bruyne’s contract, following reports in Spanish newspapers that the Belgian might be bought out for €250m (£223m).
“I don’t know anything about that,” the Manchester City manager said. “The journalist asked me if we would sell for 250 million and I said ‘no’. I don’t think he has a release clause in his contract.”
De Bruyne, 27, is injured, though Guardiola confirmed the player is making good progress and was still on course for a return before Christmas. Raheem Sterling, who pulled out of the England squad with a back... read more
- 03:47 Man killed in north London street stabbing
- 03:23 Obituary: Denis Norden
- 03:21 TV host Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 03:05 Three taken to hospital after suspected chemical leak at Sydney hotel
- 02:53 Are wasps the bees knees? Scientists think they should be
- 02:53 How music saved a failing school
- 02:53 EU migration: How has it changed the UK?
- 02:53 'Killing a generation': one million more children at risk from...
- 02:47 Mercury Prize 2018: Nominees reveal the last thing they changed on...
- 02:35 California surgeon and 'girlfriend' charged with drug rapes
- 02:35 Google's prototype Chinese search engine links searches to phone...
- 02:06 'Ashamed': South Koreans chilled by Kim Jong-un's cuddles
- 02:00 PM to announce £2bn for social housing
- 01:59 Kavanaugh accuser wants an FBI investigation before she testifies
- 01:44 Wiltshire Police confirm no nerve agent exposure for Salisbury diners
- 01:29 'Sexist, unsafe' world experienced by young girls
- 01:27 Bernard Ingham: Toil and trouble as parties descend into a total mess
- 01:27 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 01:27 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 01:27 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 01:25 Christine Blasey Ford: Kavanaugh accuser 'faces death threats'
- 01:22 Yoghurts (even organic ones) 'full of sugar'
- 01:18 “It’s too late to stop now.” Those were the words of the late...
- 01:13 People's Vote says 'multiple opportunities' for Brexit referendum
- 01:02 Sugar: Kinder rebuked for breaking kids' advertising rules
- 01:01 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 00:59 The Yorkshire Post says: Migrants – and why they count. Policy...
- 00:59 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 00:58 The weird and wonderful life of Elon Musk
- 00:58 Former foster carer and ex-teacher denies sexually assaulting two...