Manchester attack: Pre-inquest hearings delayed to 2018
A pre-inquest review hearing into the deaths of the Manchester Arena attack victims has been delayed until 2018.
Twenty-two people died when suicide bomber Salman Abedi detonated a device after an Ariana Grande gig on 22 May.
Manchester Coroner's Office said evidence was still being gathered and it would confirm a new date early next year.
The inquests were opened and adjourned in June with a preliminary hearing set to take place on Friday.
At the opening of the hearings, coroner Nigel Meadows said the November hearing was a holding date dependent on the police investigation.
A separate... read more
- 14:11 Chesterfield man charged with taking a 80-year-old man's bag in a...
- 14:10 Rejection on the cards for new homes in seaside village
- 14:10 Housing on former school site before councillors for decision
- 14:10 Get voting and let's bring home the gold to Northumberland
- 14:10 Businessman's shock at top Lancashire accolade
- 14:08 Facing Zlatan, playing for Liverpool, breaking through at Tottenham...
- 14:07 Scarborough's Construction Village receives £900,000 to fund...
- 14:06 Woman faces jail for supplying drug to friend who died on night out...
- 14:05 Melton care home’s state-of-the-art music room to help dementia...
- 14:04 John Mitchell finally begins new role as England rugby defence...
- 14:03 Businessman's shock at top Lancashire accolade
- 14:03 Carlisle man caught parading around Harraby naked
- 14:03 ‘Tied to trees and raped’: UN report details Rohingya horrors
- 14:03 Apple iPhone iOS 12 review: Finally, a release ‘that just works’
- 14:02 Poem-roaring lion to be unveiled in Trafalgar Square
- 14:01 Businessman's shock at top Lancashire accolade
- 14:01 Sergio Ramos aims dig at Antoine Griezmann over Lionel Messi and...
- 14:00 Getting knives off the streets of Bridlington
- 14:00 Class A drug dealer on the run after failing to turn up at court
- 14:00 Chesterfield man charged with taking a 80-year-old man's bag in a...
- 14:00 Sheffield boy stranded in Belgium: MP says ‘lessons must be...
- 14:00 Woman faces jail for supplying drug to friend who died on night out...
- 14:00 Curfew extended after woman breached court order
- 13:59 The heartbreaking photo that raised $43,000 in one day
- 13:59 Hull women are breaking up with their partners - because of a smear...
- 13:57 New Wakefield art exhibition is set 15,000 ft above city
- 13:56 Woman hospitalised after four other women punch and kick her on...
- 13:54 Man in court after drink-driving in Cockermouth
- 13:54 Man mocked for shaving on train is homeless and just trying to get...
- 13:50 Owners confirm The Church Restaurant in Northampton is now up for sale