Man Utd vs Liverpool: Old Trafford hero makes shock admission ahead of clash
Vidic is a fans favourite at Old Trafford having racked up over 300 appearances for the club. He was snapped up by Sir Alex Ferguson from Spartak Moscow in 2005 but says he almost ended up donning another red shirt. When asked about rumours that he was close to signing for Liverpool, Vidic said: “Yes, in Rafa Benitez’s time. “I spoke to him about a few things, but my wife was the main one who spoke to him. “He was interested in signing me, but I don’t know what was the problem at the time. “I spoke to him before I signed for Manchester United, though. I didn’t meet, but we spoke over the... read more
- 00:43 Feeling hungry? Try out latest recipe from the Magpie Cafe
- 00:31 Wolf Alice: 'Our album is like hummus'
- 00:31 Women 'half as likely' as men to start a business
- 00:29 WATCH: Alex Neil's full press conference ahead of Preston North...
- 00:25 A&E appointments system proposed in NHS targets shakeup
- 00:25 Labour's annual conference to focus on austerity and Brexit
- 00:25 Jeremy Corbyn's spending plan for public services backed by majority
- 00:23 Amazon Echo Dot (2018) hands on review: the perfect Echo entry point
- 00:20 US steps up fight against slave labor 'to safeguard American jobs'
- 00:20 UK's nuclear deterrent infrastructure 'not fit for purpose', say MPs
- 00:18 Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood's widow weeps as she admits she...
- 00:11 UK universities 'still inflate their statuses despite crackdown'
- 00:10 India killing: 'My father ordered my husband's murder'
- 00:10 Brett Kavanaugh accuser offers to testify to Senate
- 00:08 Sudoku 4,171 hard
- 00:03 Suge Knight trial: Rap mogul pleads no contest over hit-and-run death
- 00:02 Canada accuses Myanmar of genocide against Rohingya
- 23:58 Man charged with murder after body found in wooded area near...
- 23:48 Whitsundays shark attacks: drum lines to be set as two tourists...
- 23:43 Mexico's president-elect grounded on commercial plane for hours
- 23:25 Mercury Prize 2018: Wolf Alice win for Visions of a Life
- 23:21 Danger to life warning issued as Storm Bronagh set to bring winds...
- 23:17 Unai Emery told to ditch Matteo Guendouzi for Lucas Torreira...
- 23:08 River search for missing Worcester university student
- 23:06 Pheasant shooting to be banned on public land in Wales
- 23:03 Tiger Woods fires a five-under 65 to share East Lake lead with...
- 22:57 Mercury prize 2018: Wolf Alice win for Visions of a Life
- 22:56 Deadly Spanish flu that killed 50 million could return, doctors say
- 22:52 Wells Fargo to reduce workforce by up to 10%
- 22:47 Prison worker arrested after drugs found destined for HMP Liverpool