Man City boss Pep Guardiola would have been ideal replacement for Arsene Wenger at Arsenal
If things had been different, if Gunners owner Stan Kroenke had shown more vision, then Pep Guardiola could have been in their technical area for the Carabao Cup final instead of Arsene Wenger.
Guardiola grew up a disciple of Wenger’s and admits he loved some of the football his sides produced.
The Spaniard even travelled to Wenger’s home in 2001 and begged the Frenchman to sign him.
Wenger refused, but can be forgiven because at the time he had no idea Guardiola was such a pioneer that could have gone on to become an invaluable asset to the Gunners.
But Kroenke has no excuse.
The whole... read more
- 07:37 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho used Liverpool vs PSG clash to ‘open...
- 07:37 Rotherham Council to regain control of services after sex scandal
- 07:37 Wet weather sets back reopening of Lancaster’s Greyhound Bridge
- 07:36 Pair face jail for supplying deadly drug to Derbyshire student
- 07:36 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:36 Friend faces jail for supplying drug to Derbyshire student Joana Burns
- 07:35 Mum thanks ‘lifesaving’ pharmacist after son’s huge allergic...
- 07:35 'You are a superstar in the making' - Courtney Hadwin wows judges...
- 07:35 Friend faces jail for supplying drug to Derbyshire student Joana Burns
- 07:35 Oxford 'spends £108,000' to recruit each extra low income student
- 07:35 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:32 Danger to life warning issued as 80mph Storm Ali winds hit UK
- 07:31 Time to regulate bitcoin, says Treasury committee report
- 07:31 Websites of Kinder chocolate banned over ads targeting children
- 07:31 Only 20% of rich Britons hold ethical assets, study finds
- 07:31 Tom Watson: Labour would ban gambling with credit cards
- 07:31 Live as Holderness Road partially blocked as water main bursts in...
- 07:31 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:31 Little girl’s rare condition gives her giant pupils
- 07:30 Sainsbury's-Asda deal faces investigation
- 07:27 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:27 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 07:25 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:25 Friend faces jail for supplying drug to Derbyshire student Joana Burns
- 07:23 Carnegie Theatre is on the lookout for new faces
- 07:23 Storm Ali to batter Carlisle and north Cumbria with 80mph winds today
- 07:23 Man exposes himself behind a Workington infant school
- 07:23 Dinosaur detectives roam Whitehaven school in search for clues
- 07:23 Tory London mayor candidate condemns Zac Goldsmith's 2016 campaign
- 07:23 Clumber Park’s Festival of Food and Drink was ‘a great success’