Man arrested after 'rape' in Normanton alleyway
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of rape after a woman was allegedly assaulted in a Derby alleyway.
The 30-year-old was arrested late on Monday evening following an incident whereby a woman allegedly suffered facial injuries.
The rape is alleged to have taken place in Harriet Street, Normanton, close to its junction with Twyford Street at around 11.30pm on Saturday.
She told officers she was walking down the street and had reached the junction of Twyford Street when she was allegedly grabbed from behind and assaulted.
A force spokesman said: "A 30-year-old man, of no fixed... read more
- 17:15 Cycle safety campaign hailed as 'hugely positive' by Tour de Furness
- 17:15 Passengers back on track as Lakes Line replacement booms
- 17:14 DRC set for turmoil as Jean-Pierre Bemba expected home within weeks
- 17:14 Kashmir on edge after local government falls amid militant clashes
- 17:14 Cambodia: 33 pregnant women found in raid on child surrogacy ring
- 17:13 Thousands raised for Great North Air Ambulance at charity ball
- 17:13 Supermarkets are rationing frozen food as CO2 crisis left them...
- 17:08 New 21-bed hotel and restaurant proposed for Sleaford - here's what...
- 17:08 Ibiza Weekender's Callum Izzard MUGGED at knife point and left...
- 17:08 Nigel Farage 'BEGGED' Hayley Hughes for a snap after the politician...
- 17:04 Chelsea plot stunning Borussia Dortmund swap deal involving Alvaro...
- 17:04 Man Utd and Tottenham on transfer alert after Real Madrid star...
- 17:04 Passengers back on track as Lakes Line replacement booms
- 17:02 Warning issued to residents after cases of diabetes rocket
- 17:01 Liverpool transfer news: How Real Madrid star Marco Asensio could...
- 17:00 YP Letters: Did we really need post-war migrant labour?
- 17:00 Crowdfunding pays for distillery’s £3m expansion
- 17:00 YP Letters: Emasculation of Probation Service by Chris Grayling led...
- 17:00 YP Letters: Busy station needs extra platforms
- 17:00 Man arrested after police called to stabbing in Leeds
- 17:00 Mum rages at woman for banning her baby from a wedding she’d spent...
- 16:57 West Brom to go head to head with Huddersfield for France-based...
- 16:57 Man paralysed after huge two-litre poo cuts off blood flow to leg
- 16:57 Nick Kyrgios caught making obscene gesture in Queen’s semi-final
- 16:57 Novak Djokovic outlines hilarious plan to stop Marin Cilic in...
- 16:55 Shed destroyed in Hartlepool fire
- 16:55 Sadiq Khan: second Brexit vote possible if parliament rejects deal
- 16:54 Trump press secretary Sarah Sanders ejected from Virginia restaurant
- 16:54 The Financial Fair Play rules explained - and what they mean for...
- 16:54 This supermarket has just slashed 2p off every litre of petrol