Man admits murder after strangling new mum Vikki Hull weeks after she gave birth
A man has admitted murder after strangling Speke care assistant Vikki Hull only weeks after she gave birth to a baby girl.
Mark Mahoney, 31, faces life in prison after changing his plea to guilty during a short hearing at Liverpool Crown Court today, where he was due to stand trial.
Ms Hull, 29, was found unconscious at a property in Heaton Close, Speke , in the early hours of April 9 this year.
She was pronounced dead at 4.14am, and a post-mortem later revealed she had been strangled.
A previous hearing was told a small bone in Ms Hull’s neck was found to be broken.
Mahoney, formerly of... read more
- 10:10 Danny Cipriani left out of England squad while Manu Tuilagi earns...
- 10:10 Video shows chairs and punches thrown during mass brawl at boxing...
- 10:10 Hackers steal £45million from Japanese digital currency exchange
- 10:09 Weather warnings in place as Storm Ali blows into Wakefield
- 10:08 Beach rebuilding efforts won't stave off climate change impacts...
- 10:08 Heavy rain to hit England and Wales in aftermath of Storm Ali
- 10:08 James Bond 25: Cary Fukunaga named as new director
- 10:08 Beijing complains as US 'orders Chinese media to register as...
- 10:08 Headteacher 'suspended' and ambitious '£60k theatre' torn down -...
- 10:08 Parents urged to apply for Northants school places for September...
- 10:07 Nine-year-old girl tragically dies after eating wrong Cadbury...
- 10:07 Iceland are selling packets of ready made scrambled eggs
- 10:07 LOOKING BACK: Railway threatened with close and new care home
- 10:06 Warwick residents join ‘Big Tidy Up’ event
- 10:06 Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance called to ‘crash’ scenario at RAF Scampton
- 10:05 India bans instant divorceInstant divorce of Muslim women outlawed...
- 10:05 Arthur Mitchell, trailblazing US ballet dancer, dies at 84
- 10:05 Storm Ali brings 102mph winds to UK as Britain battered by gales
- 10:05 What is Fortnite Battle Royale? Tips, strategies and hints to win
- 10:05 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 10:04 Hanging Heaton are crowned National T20 Club Champions
- 10:04 Warwick residents join ‘Big Tidy Up’ event
- 10:04 What to stream and download this week
- 10:03 Worldwide interest in Dolly Blues’ managerial vacancy
- 10:03 Macron urges EU leaders to stand firm against Theresa May
- 10:02 Why I showed my self-harm scars on national TV
- 10:01 Travellers leave Preston’s Moor Park a muddy mess
- 10:01 Parents of severely disabled Lichfield woman hit with tax shock
- 10:01 Inside the council house set to be sold because nobody wants to...
- 10:01 Warning over Purple Drank - the potentially deadly cough syrup drug...