Man, 60, with a metal CUP lodged up his bottom claims he has 'learnt the lesson' of his life after it was inserted by quack doctors as a cure for his stomach ache
Hospital staff were astonished after a man was admitted with a metal cup lodged up his bottom.
A 60-year-old Indian farmer apparently agreed to have the 21cm tall object inserted there by local 'quack' doctors as a cure for his stomach ache.
After realising he was still in pain despite the 'treatment' and his family arranged for him to see genuine medics at a private clinic.
They performed an endoscopy and an x-ray – and were horrified to find the obstruction high up in his digestive system.
A video shows them removing the object during surgery at Sarthak Hospital in Satna, in the Madhya... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 19:31 Dates set for TWO demonstrations to force disgraced MP Andrew...
- 19:00 Scottish Government tourism campaign accused of ‘pushing SNP message’
- 19:01 Premier League transfer news: Lewandowski, Malcom, Ospina
- 19:31 Mum says school is like a 'prison' as son, 7, is kept in at break...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 19:00 Guns drawn as armed police surround car in Coventry street
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 19:31 Fake news claiming Rowan Atkinson has died are 'linked to scam' and...
- 18:59 Man dies after being knocked down in shopping centre car park
- 18:59 Developer ups social housing offer for student flats complex
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 17:26 Tax payers left to cover Government funding cuts for Derbyshire Police
- 19:31 Watch terrified mum and tot flee car as dad hauled out in violent...
- 19:00 Death driver suspect appears in court over Foleshill crash
- 17:19 Murder and manslaughter rates revealed by police for every area of...
- 19:31 Compromise over 'ridiculous' plans to close popular riverside...
- 18:59 Brother pays tribute to 'kind, caring and fearless' Sheffield...
- 17:26 Widow has bank account frozen for WEEKS after mystery deposit...
- 18:59 Ambulance staff to press on with strikes
- 20:58 Summer getaway warning as motorists face 'frantic Friday' congestion
- 18:59 Lancashire recommends... the best children's play parks in Lancashire
- 17:19 Dinosaurs on prowl in garden at Harlow Carr
- 17:19 Special 50p coin sold on eBay for hundreds - but do you have one?
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 18:59 'My daughter died on a school trip - but no one has ever said sorry...
- 18:59 Plaque honour for Sooty's 70th birthday
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 19:31 'I don't know where I am' Harrowing final call of drunk teen who...
- 17:19 Hotel Chocolat 'homing in' of new Halifax store