Man, 49, found guilty of raping girl weeks before her 13th birthday
A 49-year-old man been found guilty of raping a girl weeks before her 13th birthday.
Gary Smith, known as Tommy, encouraged the girl to send him indecent pictures of herself and bought her gifts in an attempt to buy her silence, police said.
Read More Used needles, human excrement and sleeping people blocking lifts - driver blasts NCP car park in Welford Road Smith denied abusing his young victim but was found guilty following a trial which concluded at Leicester Crown Court today.
Leicestershire Police released details of the case this evening.
The force said Smith, of Imperial Avenue,... read more
- 03:46 Glamour magazine to go online only in the US
- 03:36 Labor to keep national energy guarantee in bid for climate truce
- 03:36 California wildfires: refugee camp 'could become a mud pit' as rain...
- 03:21 Russian firm linked to election meddling sues Facebook over ban
- 03:00 Low-protein, high-carb diet may help ward off dementia
- 02:56 May heading to Brussels amid scramble to finalise Brexit deal
- 02:25 Dundee’s Powercases on a charge with initial sales order
- 02:14 Chicago hospital shooting: Doctor, pharmacist and policeman mourned
- 02:14 US judge blocks Mississippi 15-week abortion ban
- 02:10 'I don't want everything to be about Down's'
- 02:07 Driving eyesight rules: experts call for driver eye tests every decade
- 02:03 Mexican tetra fish may offer heart repair clues
- 01:52 Surf champion Tyler Wright reveals struggle with chronic fatigue
- 01:52 Saudi Arabia tortured female right-to-drive activists, says Amnesty
- 01:44 Brexit blind dates: June Sarpong and ex-Stig Perry McCarthy
- 01:36 Trump pardons Thanksgiving turkeys in somewhat joyless event
- 01:31 Karen Hales murder: 1993 killing 'deprived baby of grandmother'
- 01:31 Big dog Bopper the Whopper is 'too fat for a kennel'
- 01:27 Iraqi university rebuilds after IS 'dark age'
- 01:25 Uni staff told capital letters could frighten anxious students
- 01:22 Are French riots a curse or a blessing for Macron?
- 01:19 K-pop and Latin: Why the time is now for foreign language hits
- 01:12 Trump submits answers to Mueller's Russia inquiry
- 01:07 New Zealand pride parade in chaos after ban on police sparks mass...
- 01:06 Jeremy Clarkson’s The Grand Tour Season 3: release date, what to...
- 01:03 Letter from Africa: Cremations 'threaten' Zimbabwe's ancestral spirits
- 00:58 Summer-born pupils disadvantaged throughout primary school – study
- 00:58 Teaching union leader calls on members to vote for strike
- 00:56 What's biting Apple?
- 00:47 Edinburgh Tattoo to head down under for run in Sydney stadium