Majority of Scots ‘would pay more tax to help NHS’
A majority of Scots would be prepared to pay more tax to help the NHS, a poll has found.
As the health service prepares to celebrate its 70th anniversary, 46 per cent believe standards in the NHS in Scotland have become worse while about a quarter (26 per cent) think they have improved.
• READ MORE - Ruth Davidson: I would not be here without the NHS
The Sunday Times Scotland survey found that 52 per cent of Scots would be willing to pay more in tax to better fund the health service, with less than a third (29 per cent) opposed to a tax hike and 18 per cent are unsure.
The Panelbase poll... read more
- 11:15 PCSOs inspire Riddings youngsters to cycle to school
- 11:14 Auctioneers want your letters of support for Louth Cattle Market plans
- 11:14 Benny the beluga whale spotted swimming in River Thames again
- 11:14 Children lured cat out from under car to set dog on it to kill it
- 11:13 Loss of green space leads to refusal of homes on school site
- 11:13 Neighbourhood plan helps end long-running homes bid
- 11:13 Early season struggles continue for Chasetown FC after defeat at...
- 11:11 Man wanted after 23-year-old robbed and assaulted at Cleethorpes...
- 11:11 Pitch scheme withdrawn
- 11:11 Flats plan for ex-care centre in Kirkby
- 11:11 Auctioneers want your letters of support for Louth Cattle Market plans
- 11:10 PCSOs inspire Riddings youngsters to cycle to school
- 11:10 Ryder Cup TV and news: Rory McIlroy, Captain America, today’s...
- 11:10 The White Company could be coming to former Wilko store in Beverley
- 11:09 FIFA 19: Eden Hazard, Mohamed Salah and Paul Pogba make best...
- 11:09 Book review: Running Upon The Wires, by Kate Tempest
- 11:08 Loss of green space leads to refusal of homes on school site
- 11:08 Neighbourhood plan helps end long-running homes bid
- 11:08 Sheffield homes with something special to offer
- 11:08 Taxi rules in Leeds and West Yorkshire ‘should be harmonised’
- 11:08 Third UK case of monkeypox diagnosed at Blackpool Victoria Hospital
- 11:07 New homes being launched at Wellingborough’s Stanton Cross development
- 11:07 Kylie Minogue becomes railway announcer for BBC Music Day
- 11:06 Judi Dench defends Kevin Spacey, criticising his 'extrusion from...
- 11:05 Third UK case of monkeypox diagnosed at Blackpool Victoria Hospital
- 11:05 First glimpse of Flamingo Land's baby red panda
- 11:04 Man arrested after cannabis farm found in Doncaster’s Open All...
- 11:04 Pictures of vintage day fun at Crich Tramway Village
- 11:03 Second Brexit vote ‘hypothetical’, say Labour frontbenchers
- 11:02 Six clubs battle for Super League places as Qualifiers reach crazy...