Macedonia rejects plan to change its name
Macedonia’s president said on Wednesday he would not sign a landmark deal reached with Greece on changing his country’s name, dashing hopes of a swift end to a diplomatic dispute that has blocked its bid to join the European Union and Nato.
In Greece, prime minister Alexis Tsipras faced a barrage of criticism and the prospect of a no-confidence vote against his government as he and Macedonian prime minister Zoran Zaev announced the accord late on Tuesday.
Under the deal, Macedonia would become formally known as the Republic of Severna (Northern) Macedonia. It is currently known officially... read more
- 05:27 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:25 The 'dog whistling' on immigration must stop, Bill Shorten says
- 05:22 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:18 Indonesia election mired in claims of foreign hacking and 'ghost'...
- 05:18 'I was raised an American': Liberians await possible deportation...
- 05:18 Exit Brussels? The UK civil servants under a fog of uncertainty
- 05:16 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:16 Capital’s Bruce Group eyes Central Belt pubs on back of £20m bond bid
- 05:02 KCOM call centre worker steals £16,000 and blows it on food and...
- 05:00 Nigel Farage will not be marching through Retford area as part of...
- 05:00 Used wet wipes and unwanted sofas - the bizarre rubbish dumped in...
- 05:00 Number of peeping toms and flashers reported to police on the rise
- 04:58 Newborn baby found in Oxford hospital toilets
- 04:56 Tragic Glasgow dad hit headlines as football mobile phone thief...
- 04:56 Community sickened by horrific slashing of vulnerable Scot in...
- 04:52 Christchurch shootings: Ardern vows never to say suspect's name
- 04:50 A celebration of Scotland's Munros and the man who listed them
- 04:50 NHS infection and safety inquiry begins at Holyrood
- 04:50 Emiliano Sala plane crash: Call to investigate more flights
- 04:50 Syrian refugees in Aberystwyth set up pop-up restaurants
- 04:41 The 24 roads where speed limits are changing in Leicestershire
- 04:41 Should drink drivers be 'named and shamed' by police?
- 04:26 Christchurch shooting: Australia PM calls for social media crackdown
- 04:26 Students at university who are inspiring younger siblings
- 04:17 'I don't agree' Dean Smith's response to player's claim and key...
- 04:17 Birmingham City await crucial development as midfielder sends...
- 04:17 Europa League questions answered as Wolves loanee produces late...
- 04:17 West Brom to end manager hunt as popular midfielder opens up on...
- 04:13 Labor signals it won't use Kyoto credits in final emissions policy
- 04:13 'Broke up with sleep': Cory Booker exposed as addicted to coffee jokes