Lush drops 'anti-spy cops' campaign
Cosmetics company Lush has dropped its campaign drawing attention to the so-called UK "spy cops" scandal.
The brand had been criticised on social media for a window display focusing on the scandal, which many people said amounted to an attack on police.
Lush said it had suspended the window "for the safety of our staff".
The campaign related to a public inquiry into claims of wrongdoing by undercover officers who infiltrated activist groups in England and Wales.
Dorset-based company Lush has said it was designed to urge Home Secretary Sajid Javid to listen to campaigners... read more
- 15:28 Would you pay more Council Tax for more police officers in Derbyshire?
- 15:28 ‘We’ll do all we can to fight rural crime’ - Deputy PCC
- 15:28 Leeds-bound train passenger spat in guard's face in row over bike
- 15:27 Cheating wife, her lover and his daughter jailed over plot to...
- 15:27 How food partnership has helped transform Melton’s economy over...
- 15:26 How meme fashion is changing our clothes and breaking the internet
- 15:26 ‘Rescuing children almost tipped me over the edge’ Prince William...
- 15:26 Barack Obama thinks Donald Trump’s ‘mommy issues’ make him a...
- 15:24 Police appeal to identify man as part of purse theft investigation
- 15:24 When does the Thomas Cook Black Friday sale start and what can...
- 15:24 YouTube rapper ‘Tommy Armani’ jailed for brandishing ‘gun’ on the...
- 15:24 Project Feed Chorley: Can you help us build the town's new food bank?
- 15:22 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:22 Festive focus at Rushden Lakes’ Nene Wetlands
- 15:20 Agatha Christie webchat with Sophie Hannah – post a question now
- 15:20 Addleshaw Goddard’s Leeds office advised on deals worth more than £2bn
- 15:19 Labour MP tells court she doesn't know who drove speeding Nissan
- 15:19 Strictly Get Dancing raises thousands for children’s hospice
- 15:19 Afghanistan suicide bomber kills scores of Muslim scholars
- 15:18 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:18 Trains cancelled at Kenilworth Station
- 15:18 Samsung Black Friday deals 2018 are here now and they are really good
- 15:16 Wales’ Leigh Halfpenny ruled out of Springboks match due to concussion
- 15:16 ECB secures £1.2m to help build network of 2,000 female coaches and...
- 15:16 Lancashire business group's appeals to the Government
- 15:15 Sugar tax on soft drinks raises £154m
- 15:15 Plea to help businesses on retail hub facing HS2 bulldozers
- 15:15 Buses replace Wigan trains as engineers carry out rail work
- 15:15 This is the sentence judge handed to brothers who killed Taimoor...
- 15:14 Transport spending in Yorkshire FALLS by £18 per person while...