Low-dose aspirin is a life-saver for pregnant women: It reduces the risk of pre-eclampsia by up to 82%
Pregnant women can reduce their risk of the life-threatening condition pre-eclampsia by taking a low-dose aspirin, new research reveals.
Taking a 150mg dose reduces the risk of the condition by 82 per cent in babies born before 34 weeks, a study found.
The risk is lowered by 62 per cent in babies born before 37 weeks, the research adds.
Aspirin is thought to improve blood flow that becomes blocked in pre-eclampsia sufferers.
Pre-eclampsia occurs in nearly one in 10 pregnancies in the UK.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Don't reach for a painkiller the next time you have a... The doctor... read more
- 17:31 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl warn shoppers not to eat these foods
- 17:31 Another airport suffered delays from a drone sighting
- 17:30 Man blames hotel hot tub after infected pinky toe is amputated
- 17:29 Cleveland Fire Authority finance chief allays concerns over impact...
- 17:29 This is the extensive Leeds underground system that was never built
- 17:29 Claude Goretta obituary
- 17:28 Visually impaired people invited to apply for free audio device
- 17:28 International Women's Day: Pink Link Lancashire event at Ribby Hall...
- 17:28 Police speak out after men jailed for brewery wrecking spree
- 17:28 Family sentenced over £240,000 theft and damage at Thwaites brewery
- 17:28 No-deal Brexit 'could disrupt London commuter trains'
- 17:28 VIDEO: Despicable borough burglars jailed for trashing brewery site...
- 17:28 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl warn shoppers not to eat these foods
- 17:27 Strike action looms as Scotland’s biggest teaching union rejects...
- 17:26 Five jobs at risk with Melton town centre shop set to close
- 17:26 Dad ‘held his four-year-old son’s hand on hot stove to discipline him’
- 17:26 This is the extensive Leeds underground system that was never built
- 17:25 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl are urgently recalling these food...
- 17:25 Dublin airport passengers relieved after drone sighting causes...
- 17:24 Friends of former cancer sufferer helping achieve 'life-changing'...
- 17:24 Ceiling collapses at Pontins while families gathered to play bingo
- 17:24 Another airport suffered delays from a drone sighting
- 17:23 Suspected hare coursers attack men with chains in shocking video
- 17:21 A community full of good people
- 17:21 Danny Murphy slams Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri over ‘Sarri-ball’...
- 17:20 Wanted: Residents' views on ways to improve air quality in Lancaster
- 17:21 Knaresborough Young Farmers' Tractor Run: Countdown for annual push...
- 17:20 Visually impaired people invited to apply for free audio device
- 17:20 Everything that's happening at Wakefield's Festival of Food, Drink...
- 17:19 14 boats broken into and tools stolen at Grimsby yacht club