Lorry driver caused horrific M6 crash which paralysed motorist
A 'model citizen' whose dangerous driving on the M6 left an engineer paralysed has failed in an Appeal Court bid to get his jail term cut.
Lorry driver, Andrew Arthur Hallbrook, of Donnington Court, Dudley, was locked up for two-and-a-half years at Warwick Crown Court on December 1 last year.
The 45-year-old admitted causing serious injury to Martin Brannigan, 56, of Sutton Coldfield, by dangerous driving.
This is what happened Mr Brannigan had been driving towards Leicester for work on March 24 last year in his Vauxhall Insignia.
He joined a queue of stationary or slow-moving vehicles in... read more
- 00:37 Our sporting pride
- 00:37 Leigh strike late to break Trojan hearts
- 00:32 Soup kitchens and start-ups: Greek bailout era ends
- 00:30 Rogue states and terrorists could use technological advances to...
- 00:29 'It never entered my mind that I wasn't coming back'
- 00:28 Demand for answers over controversial rail police merger
- 00:28 Jeremy Corbyn accused of betrayal over post-Brexit ‘renaissance’...
- 00:27 Colombia's improbable reef offers hope for coral worldwide
- 00:27 Gladbeck: The deadly hostage drama where the media crossed a line
- 00:22 Wedding bells - Hewson-Auty
- 00:22 Pick of picture houses for film buffs
- 00:22 Picture house and staff in roaring '20s
- 00:22 Where was the Woodman Inn?
- 00:22 Fantastic chance for chosen three
- 00:18 Sudoku 4,143 easy
- 00:18 Superfast broadband 'boosts UK business by £9bn'
- 00:18 Energy switch trial brings savings
- 00:18 Lowest-paid parents 'can't afford basic lifestyle'
- 00:12 Birmingham Prison taken over from G4S by government
- 00:12 Venezuela crisis: Brazil deploys troops after migrant attacks
- 00:09 WWE SummerSlam: Ronda Rousey sends fans into frenzy with Instagram...
- 00:07 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 00:06 Government steps in to take over 'appalling' Birmingham Prison
- 00:05 Youngsters found smoking cannabis in playparks will be marched home...
- 00:05 Jeremy Corbyn says Labour’s ‘industrial renaissance’ would help...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Cincinnati to complete...
- 23:58 Not one Arsenal player would get in Chelsea’s team, says...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic reacts to his record-breaking victory against Roger...
- 23:54 Mateo Kovacic reveals how Maurizio Sarri convinced him to join Chelsea
- 23:45 Gary Neville rates Manchester United’s chances of winning the title...