‘Look at what we’re doing’: Grayling comes out fighting on Northern transport
Transport Secretary Chris Grayling has come out fighting over his department’s commitment to the North as he insisted the region’s leaders have all the same powers to improve services as their counterparts in London.
During a visit to Yorkshire yesterday, Mr Grayling angrily dismissed criticism of his failure to appear at a Commons debate on northern transport and insisted the Government’s actions showed its willingness to improve the North’s infrastructure.
The Department for Transport this week started the process for giving statutory status to strategic body Transport for the North, amid... read more
- 23:15 Avebury stone circle contains hidden square, archaeologists find
- 05:05 Green-fingered primary school win national award
- 05:05 New Lincs Co-Op food store and pharmacy opens near Boston this week
- 05:05 Security fears lead to two gun dealers losing sales permits
- 23:15 Polish up your pecs: women prefer strong men, say scientists
- 04:36 Wolves digest: Patricio's message; Good times ahead; Nuno's only...
- 23:15 Archaeologists find earliest evidence of bread
- 04:36 West Bromwich Albion's 2018/19 plans are finally starting to take...
- 04:36 Birmingham City plan a re-think after transfer window setback
- 23:11 VMAs 2018: Cardi B, Beyoncé and Jay-Z lead nominees
- 04:36 Aston Villa's preparations continue but the off-field issues take...
- 23:09 May narrowly heads off defeat after caving in to Brexit hardliners
- 21:44 Trump's Nato approach helped make a difference, says May
- 21:44 Sending MPs on early holiday could make all the difference for May
- 04:35 £1.5m to mend potholes in Leeds is not enough, claims leader
- 21:44 Labour plans radical selection overhaul including all BAME shortlists
- 19:37 Rocket men: locals divided over plans for UK's first spaceport
- 19:36 'We're building a bridge' – the exhibition shining a light on...
- 19:36 Anna Soubry on Brexit: ‘History will condemn those who haven’t...
- 04:01 Trump-Putin summit: US president under fire over poll meddling...
- 03:56 Private tutors 'should face DBS criminal record checks'
- 03:56 Some slime toys have 'potentially unsafe levels' of boron - Which?
- 03:56 Millions to face hosepipe ban in north-west England
- 18:53 Trio of new Doctor Who companions unveiled
- 01:44 'How we made Now That's What I Call Music 100'
- 18:52 Is your paddling pool a cool oasis – or a giant puddle of infection?
- 01:44 Crane numbers 'could rise by 50%' in next 50 years
- 01:44 Kent and Medway NHS hernia policy 'may be rationing' surgery
- 18:52 Five things grownups should do before going online this summer
- 01:53 Wakefield’s £5.9m social care hubs are saving NHS resources and...