Look at Hull's new People's Memorial which is going ahead in Paragon Street
A memorial to people killed in Hull during the two world wars has been granted planning permission.
The Hull People's Memorial charity first unveiled its proposal for a new sculpture four years ago.
At the time, a spot in Queen Victoria Square was put forward as the preferred location.Then, Paragon Square was suggested but a new fountain will be installed there instead so now the memorial will be placed in Paragon Street.
Couple Chris and Alan Brigham, who are behind the charity, have expressed their relief at getting to this stage.
Mrs Brigham said: "We are absolutely ecstatic to have... read more
- 09:21 Arsonists strike SIX times across South Yorkshire over weekend
- 09:21 Countrywide seeks fresh funding as property sales slide
- 09:21 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 09:21 Leicester heatwave: The top temperatures each day this week for...
- 09:20 Councils rake in millions from garden waste collections
- 09:17 Poulton woman left devastated after Timmy the tortoise goes missing
- 09:17 Resort youngsters join future dance stars for showcase night
- 09:17 Radio 4 stand up Jeremy looks at the human condition on tour
- 09:17 'Spanish plume’ could bring Britain’s hottest day in three years
- 09:16 Jeremy Hunt’s name is still a big problem for radio presenters
- 09:16 Judge gives drug-dealing friend of stabbing victim a chance before...
- 09:14 From the archive: the male nude in 1972
- 09:14 Three bags are better than one: Rihanna nails fashion’s most...
- 09:14 Seven ways to strengthen your core
- 09:13 The Mash Report's Rachel Parris: 'There was a lot of excitement and...
- 09:13 Recycle your old cooking oil
- 09:13 How to prevent sunburn but enjoy the heatwave we’re...
- 09:13 People don’t want to work in the UK anymore
- 09:10 Bowled over by beautiful Bequia: Jonathan Agnew unearths a secret...
- 09:10 Britain set for eight summer heatwaves with temperatures hotter...
- 09:10 Mohamed Salah ‘happy’ with Egypt amid Chechnya political symbol furore
- 09:09 Cheshire West team helps patients return to a normal life after...
- 09:09 Tributes paid to Briton killed in Cyprus hit-and-run
- 09:07 Dundee United to cash in as former player Stuart Armstrong heads to...
- 09:07 Man dies and two others fighting for lives after burglary in Bristol
- 09:07 No one worthy of travel injunction, insists West Midlands Mayor
- 09:07 Stephanie Davis spoke to tragic Love Island star Sophie Gradon days...
- 09:07 Poldark's fourth series 'most political yet' as Dwight and Caroline...
- 09:07 Repairs are planned after pensioner’s fall
- 09:07 Nigerian singer D'banj's son, 1, dies after drowning in swimming pool