"Longer A&E waits" if Tories refuse to give Liverpool NHS new cash
Patients could face longer waits in hospitals if the Tories refuse to give Liverpool its share of extra NHS cash, according to council chiefs.
Local councillors claim the government is threatening to hold back up to £15m of cash unless Liverpool health and care services sign up to “unachievable” new targets.
They say Liverpool and other local councils are reluctant to accept government targets they cannot meet, as they could face financial penalties in future for missing them.
Labour cabinet member Paul Brant said Liverpool health chiefs and the government had previously reached an... read more
- 18:34 Boris Johnson flew to Afghanistan to avoid Heathrow vote
- 18:33 Police issue warning after Cumbria hit by phone scam
- 18:33 Crossword roundup: more geometry and politics than football
- 18:32 CO2 shortage: Coca-Cola pauses production at some plants
- 18:31 Is this China's next aircraft carrier? Design of Beijing's third...
- 18:30 Gareth Southgate must weigh up options for England v Belgium decider
- 18:30 Bath and Wells Diocese to sell 12th Century office
- 18:30 Sir Jeremy Heywood to take break for cancer treatment
- 18:25 Train speed restrictions introduced as Britain faces 10-day heatwave
- 18:25 Disgraced bank manager given 2nd chance - and plunders coach firm's...
- 18:25 Mystery and sadness over death of much-loved swan in Sefton Park
- 18:24 Chester FC complete double swoop as Jon Moran and John Pritchard sign
- 18:24 What the law says you're allowed to do if you see a dog locked in a...
- 18:24 Chelsea transfer news: Manolas and Rugani ‘talks’, Hazard to Real...
- 18:24 Dele Alli injury: Gareth Southgate offers update on Spurs star...
- 18:23 Firearms incident: West Yorkshire Police called to street after...
- 18:22 Humans ‘probably only intelligent life in the Universe’
- 18:19 Peter Gordon obituary
- 18:18 Kristian Pedersen has this Birmingham City message and fans are...
- 18:18 Eva Longoria shares first photo of adorable newborn baby son
- 18:16 The case for public ownership is unanswerable
- 18:15 Trevor Bayliss hails Jos Buttler’s cool recovery as way forward for...
- 18:15 Prince William arrives in Israel for talks with Benjamin Netanyahu
- 18:14 Shaun Wane cross codes to sign up with Townsend at Murrayfield
- 18:14 Craig Lawrie just two rounds away from replacing dad Paul at...
- 18:10 Handy guide to starting school from Chester headteacher
- 18:10 Red panda makes adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 18:07 Almost £50k to be spent on getting kids and elderly active in South...
- 18:06 Stars respond to Melania's 'I don't really care" jacket
- 18:06 Rescuers haul couple to safety after they get stuck in mud on...