Lonely pensioner inundated with Sunday roast offers by strangers
A lonely disabled woman was flooded with Sunday roast offers after posting a touching message to a group of strangers.
Pat O’Byrne admitted loving roast dinners to members of the Brighton & Hove Sunday Roast group on Facebook, but that she did not have a car and was very lonely.
She wrote: ‘I am disabled, love roast dinners but live on my own. No car. Very lonely. But have not got a big appetite.’
The group’s response will restore your faith in humanity.
Good-natured group members immediately asked if she would like to be taken out, or have a roast dinner delivered to her door.
Michael... read more
- 09:58 Mansfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:56 Millom pool saved from demolition after public meeting
- 09:54 Concern growing for safety of 82-year-old Peter Coyne
- 09:52 West Brom and Bobby Reid: The latest on the interest in Bristol...
- 09:50 How to deal with a nightmare landlord – here’s your rights as a tenant
- 09:49 Up to 10,000 police officers and SAS to guard Donald Trump on visit...
- 09:49 Trump press secretary told to leave restaurant ‘because she works...
- 09:48 Determined Declan sets his sights on a top ‘Italian job’
- 09:48 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:47 Elvis Presley's private plane put up for sale after spending 36...
- 09:46 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:46 Fresh controversy over firefighters’ ‘stay-put’ advice at Grenfell
- 09:45 Police appeal after girl, 19, assaulted by man in Carlisle street
- 09:43 Leamington woman with footballer's name stars in TV World Cup adverts
- 09:42 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:41 Interview: Kevin Linfoot back in the property game
- 09:39 Chesterfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:34 Once you see Cats in Food, you’ll struggle to un-see them
- 09:33 Kettering mental health charity handed a £3,000 boost
- 09:32 Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- 09:26 History society book launched at Southfield House
- 09:25 Private schools shun GCSEs and A-levels
- 09:20 Manchester United signing Fred scores wonder goal in Brazil training
- 09:20 Why do footballers spit?
- 09:19 Saviour and sultan, ally and foe – west in a bind over Erdoğan
- 09:19 Born out of brutality, South Sudan, the world’s youngest state,...
- 09:18 Huge fire in Birmingham: 75 firefighters called to severe blaze in...
- 09:17 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:16 Harborough Bake Off star to appear at feast for food lovers!
- 09:15 Manchester’s been crowned ‘the world’s wildest city’