London cheapest it has been for overseas visitors in decades, says study
London is the cheapest it has been for overseas visitors in more than two decades as a consequence of Brexit, according to a report.
The study by the Economist Intelligence Unit found that British cities have dropped to their cheapest levels internationally since at least the 1990s. It said the sharp fall in the pound after the EU referendum – still more than 6% lower than it was on the eve of the vote – had sent London and Manchester sharply down the rankings.
Analysing a basket of more than 150 goods in 133 cities around the world, the report found London was now almost a third cheaper... read more
- 07:37 Wet weather sets back reopening of Lancaster’s Greyhound Bridge
- 07:36 Pair face jail for supplying deadly drug to Derbyshire student
- 07:36 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:36 Friend faces jail for supplying drug to Derbyshire student Joana Burns
- 07:35 Mum thanks ‘lifesaving’ pharmacist after son’s huge allergic...
- 07:35 'You are a superstar in the making' - Courtney Hadwin wows judges...
- 07:35 Friend faces jail for supplying drug to Derbyshire student Joana Burns
- 07:35 Oxford 'spends £108,000' to recruit each extra low income student
- 07:35 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:32 Danger to life warning issued as 80mph Storm Ali winds hit UK
- 07:31 Time to regulate bitcoin, says Treasury committee report
- 07:31 Websites of Kinder chocolate banned over ads targeting children
- 07:31 Only 20% of rich Britons hold ethical assets, study finds
- 07:31 Tom Watson: Labour would ban gambling with credit cards
- 07:31 Live as Holderness Road partially blocked as water main bursts in...
- 07:31 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:31 Little girl’s rare condition gives her giant pupils
- 07:30 Sainsbury's-Asda deal faces investigation
- 07:27 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:27 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 07:25 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:25 Friend faces jail for supplying drug to Derbyshire student Joana Burns
- 07:23 Carnegie Theatre is on the lookout for new faces
- 07:23 Storm Ali to batter Carlisle and north Cumbria with 80mph winds today
- 07:23 Man exposes himself behind a Workington infant school
- 07:23 Dinosaur detectives roam Whitehaven school in search for clues
- 07:23 Tory London mayor candidate condemns Zac Goldsmith's 2016 campaign
- 07:23 Clumber Park’s Festival of Food and Drink was ‘a great success’
- 07:23 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:22 We spent £1,281 on a House of Fraser sofa – have we lost our cash?