Local elections: Do voters care more about bins than Brexit?
It is the last set of elections before Britain leaves the EU - but will Brexit be a factor at local polls in England on 3 May? We looked at the contest in two very different London boroughs.
"It is weird to say that problems with bins are more important than the number one challenge of a generation. The party must think people are idiots."
Marx de Morais, pictured above, was once an enthusiastic member of the Conservative Party.
The food designer and writer, who was born in the former East Germany, had been due to stand for the party in Camden, north London, on 3 May, but he says... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle