Livingston family firm opens ‘game-changing’ recycling centre
A family-run waste disposal company has opened the UK’s largest recycling plant of its kind on the back of investment of nearly £4 million.
Livingston’s Brewster Bros has launched the centre, described as a “game-changer” for the building industry, with the capacity to recycle 400,000 tonnes of construction, demolition and excavation waste a year.
The firm acquired the site, formerly a shale oil waste heap on Drumshoreland Bing in nearby Pumpherston, from fellow family-run recycling business Henry Gillies, retaining all 20 roles and making two new hires.
On the back of the £3.8m investment,... read more
- 21:15 Breakdown on M1 tonight closes lane between junctions for...
- 21:09 Ambulance called out to incident on The Moor in Sheffield
- 21:09 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield
- 21:09 Man’s body discovered in Doncaster home sealed off by police
- 21:04 Liverpool star Sadio Mane dubbed the new PELE by fans after...
- 21:03 Families refusing help when they decide to home educate their children
- 21:03 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:02 Families refusing help when they decide to home educate their children
- 21:02 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:01 Man’s body discovered in Doncaster home sealed off by police
- 20:59 How my beloved cousin chose to die on his own terms
- 20:59 Edinburgh photographer’s breathtaking Ethiopia work shortlisted for...
- 20:57 Drug dealer sold marshmallow leaves sprayed with WD40 thinking it...
- 20:55 Joao Felix, Nicolas Pepe and the nine players 'tipped' for a...
- 20:55 Wolves boss Nuno's incredible position after regional journalists...
- 20:55 All new cars to be fitted with technology to stop drivers going...
- 20:55 ‘Cop shot librarian wife dead after she flirted with someone else’
- 20:55 Petition to revoke Article 50 rejected after hitting 5,750,000...
- 20:53 Tories fight like rats in a sack to hang on to the hard Brexit dream
- 20:52 Paedophile caught with condoms by Wolf Pack Hunters in Glasgow's...
- 20:51 Plans to upgrade key junction to fix Borders Railway delays
- 20:50 Aston Villa attacker struck down with ankle injury
- 20:49 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield
- 20:44 Turin Brakes to perform at Pock Arts Centre
- 20:43 Euromillions results: Winning National Lottery numbers for Tuesday...
- 20:42 Sir Paul McCartney school book sells for £47k at Beatles auction
- 20:41 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield
- 20:35 Scots residents describe what happens when a town loses its banks
- 20:35 MPs vote on soft Brexit and referendum as May makes last appeal
- 20:30 Dad-of-two dies suddenly after injuring himself using loft ladder...