Liverpool transfer news: Steve McManaman sees no point in Philippe Coutinho replacement
Liverpool sold Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in a £142million deal at the start of January.
His departure dismantled the Fab Four that saw Coutinho excel alongside Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah and behind centre-forward Roberto Firmino.
The Reds pushed to bring forward Naby Keita’s move by six months to fill the gap left by Brazilian Coutinho - only for RB Leipzig to reject their approaches.
Jurgen Klopp appears to have failed in his pursuit of adding fresh attacking talent to his goal-hungry side.
But Reds legend McManaman reckons a major new signing behind the main striker is not the... read more
- 02:36 Discounts and online help retail sales bounce back in July
- 02:36 Chipotle to retrain staff after series of food poisonings
- 02:36 Half of staff fear workplace monitoring, says TUC
- 02:35 US military parade ordered by Trump postponed 'to 2019'
- 02:20 Sheku Kanneh-Mason: Teen cellist wins new Breakthrough music prize
- 02:14 Comment: Universities can lead cybersecurity innovation
- 02:14 Business leaders sign up to support MCR Pathways
- 02:14 Scotland’s cases of fraud against businesses fall by half
- 02:12 Liberty Stadium operator claims venue has structural defects
- 02:12 Colchester shopkeeper 'told off' over thief poster
- 02:12 New chief urged to tackle police 'misogyny'
- 02:02 Whistleblower warns of Vodafone security breaches
- 01:43 Councillor hopes Northampton swimming pool's future can be resolved
- 01:38 Trump's military parade postponed amid news it could cost $92m
- 01:38 Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian prime minister, dies at 93
- 01:38 China is 'rapidly' expanding bomber training, probably for US...
- 01:31 NYU offers free tuition for all its medical students
- 01:27 La Liga secures deal to stage top flight game in USA; Barcelona or...
- 01:25 Melbourne teen pleads guilty to hacking into Apple network
- 01:11 Celebrities warned over social media ads
- 01:11 Marine Le Pen's presence deemed 'disrespectful' at Web Summit
- 01:11 FBI sought Google location data of many to catch robber
- 01:11 President Trump relaxes US cyber-attacks rules
- 01:11 Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X
- 01:07 Why blue-green algae can be toxic to pets and humans
- 01:07 Courtney Hadwin: British teen through to America's Got Talent semis
- 01:07 A-level results: Why clearing is 'not the end of the world'
- 01:07 Born Famous: Poverty safari or positive experience?
- 01:07 The three-year-old with an IQ of 171
- 01:07 A-level results a surprise? We answer your questions