'Liverpool's rough sleepers are being failed by the government'
The Government is failing Liverpool’s rough sleepers and MUST change benefit rules to help people get off the streets, a major report into homelessness will say today.
Liverpool council’s in-depth report into rough sleeping will also say there are failings in the health service that hurt people with mental health or substance abuse issues
Routes out of Rough Sleeping will say that there need to be more co-ordination between health services, homelessness services and charities to help people off the streets.
It will say that Liverpool is doing well at tackling issues around rough sleeping –... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle