Liverpool made the best decision selling Philippe Coutinho in January - Ian Wright
Coutinho yesterday completed his dream move to Barcelona from Liverpool for a fee of £142million.
The Reds preferred to sell the Brazilian next summer but eventually gave in to Barcelona and Coutinho’s demands.
But Wright reckons the playmaker won’t be a huge miss for Liverpool and says they are good enough without him.
“I think this is the best possible time for Liverpool to actually sell him,” the Arsenal legend said.
“I just think at the moment with the way they’re playing and the way their forwards are playing, I don’t think they will miss him as much.
“They’ve done pretty well when... read more
- 16:34 Lily Allen leaves fans fuming as singer leaves her own book signing...
- 16:34 Jim Furyk’s US college boys face stern French test to retain Ryder Cup
- 16:31 Virgil van Dijk suffers injury for Liverpool against Southampton
- 16:27 Glamping goes Tudor: historians to remake Henry VIII’s opulent tent
- 16:27 Chas and Dave singer Chas Hodges dies aged 74
- 16:24 Labour to resist pressure of committing to second referendum on Brexit
- 16:24 Tiana in Birmingham - how child star's fans took over the Bullring...
- 16:23 Dominic sees off rivals to win place on town council
- 16:18 Fresh deadline for Brett Kavanaugh accuser adds to supreme court drama
- 16:18 Rotterdam prepared for worst when Britain crashes out of EU
- 16:17 Sex addiction signs and how to tell if you or your partner has a...
- 16:16 Woman's incredible full English breakfast cooking hack goes viral
- 16:16 It doesn’t look crowded on Nigel Farage’s Brexit bus
- 16:16 Jeremy Hunt urges EU to ‘step back from the abyss’ of Brexit no deal
- 16:13 Tottenham squad ranked by transfer value: Who are Pochettino’s most...
- 16:09 Chelsea star Mateo Kovacic reveals what Man Utd legend he takes...
- 16:09 Man Utd vs Wolves: Why Marouane Fellaini is a ‘dream’ for defenders...
- 16:04 DUP cannot have veto on Brexit border deal, says Ireland
- 16:02 Brighton vs Tottenham LIVE: Team news and Premier League updates...
- 16:02 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp reveals all on Xherdan Shaqiri's first...
- 15:57 Italy acquits Tunisian 'migrant smuggling' fishermen
- 15:57 Eeyore the donkey rescued from sinkhole in Helston
- 15:56 This week in court - Killer, cleaner, voodoo nurse and burglars
- 15:52 Anti-nuclear campaigners stage peaceful protest at Faslane
- 15:51 Paul Logan: Family offers £50k reward over 1993 murder
- 15:51 Prisoner ran East Midlands teen drug ring from jail
- 15:51 Is India vs Pakistan on TV? Live stream, time and odds for Asia Cup...
- 15:49 Hong Kong express rail link launches amid controversy
- 15:49 Gardener had £10k of tools stolen but everyone came together in the...
- 15:49 Here's why you might see armed police in Liverpool city centre