Liverpool fans still queuing at half-time for Steven Gerrard's Anfield debut as manager
Liverpool FC fans queued until half-time to see Steven Gerrard's Anfield debut as a manager - due to an unprecedented demand for an U18s game.
The Reds legend, who is now in charge of Liverpool U18s, saw his side take on Arsenal in the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp urged fans to pack out Anfield and "bring the noise" in a bid to help Gerrard's side embark on their first Youth Cup-winning campaign in 11 years.
But several supporters took to Twitter to share photos of long queues outside the stadium and vent their anger.
One fan, Anthony Jones,... read more
- 12:10 Derelict Halifax nightclub to be transformed into 80-bedroom hotel
- 12:09 Arizona students' stand on gun control switches to voter registration
- 12:09 Elon Musk denies being ‘on weed’ when posting $420 stock tweet
- 12:09 A few changes...
- 12:09 Change your routine for dog’s sake
- 12:08 Over 800 people sign petition to save 200-year-old pub
- 12:08 Man caught with 630,000 pictures of child sex abuse that he shared...
- 12:08 Up to 15,000 people expected at Doncaster Pride event
- 12:07 Annual celebration of Sunderland music talent returns with free...
- 12:07 Banbury Irish FC want to celebrate milestone with you
- 12:07 Over 800 people sign petition to save 200-year-old pub
- 12:06 These are each Royal Family member's A level results - Prince...
- 12:06 Motorist caught driving high on cocaine twice in 12 days
- 12:06 Burnley estate agent set to get fund raising idea off his chest
- 12:05 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Boston day nursery welcome Tae Kwon Do group
- 12:05 Drink driver gets three-year ban for offence in Boston
- 12:04 Darren Moore discusses Allan Nyom's imminent West Brom exit - and...
- 12:03 Ariana Grande's Sweetener track by track: The stories behind the songs
- 12:02 Lancaster councillor calls for internal inquiry after saucy emails...
- 12:02 My ex has a new partner but says he still loves me
- 12:01 Shots fired at houses in two parts of Doncaster
- 12:01 Rescuers highlight importance of work
- 12:01 Health union urges Scottish Government to break with pay review body
- 12:00 Officials release statement after large fire in Bracebridge Heath...
- 11:59 Durham sign banned Australia opener Cameron Bancroft for 2019 season
- 11:59 Manchester City provide worrying Kevin de Bruyne injury update
- 11:59 Burnley estate agent set to get fund raising idea off his chest
- 11:58 Walney field study events to record local wildlife
- 11:58 Dalton mayor to host residents' drop-in session
- 11:57 Former Chester FC youngster Tom Crawford eyeing regular Notts...