Lincolnshire County Council senior councillors call for review of investment in mental health
A lack of funding and “finite resources” in mental healthcare across Lincolnshire is adding pressure onto crisis services and affecting quality of care.
According to a report, which has been backed by senior councillors and health bosses, more awareness training for staff and a review of investment is required to support those in critical need.
An increase in costs of transferring patients outside the county and “excessive use of police resources” sparked the review into urgent mental health services.
The report was commissioned by a multi-agency group which included Lincolnshire County... read more
- 11:25 Appeal for Bury model in intensive care
- 11:25 Flood response tests ‘prepare area for future’
- 11:25 These 46 streets in Chapel Allerton will soon have a 20mph speed limit
- 11:24 Books for Christmas: The Best Children’s Books
- 11:24 Books for Christmas: The Best Travel Books
- 11:24 Royal Latin School celebrates tenth anniversary of German exchange...
- 11:24 Ed Sheeran has highest-grossing tour of 2018, with $432m
- 11:23 Victim who abandoned baby from rape is freed after 18 months
- 11:23 Latest new nursing recruits arrive in Sunderland and South Tyneside...
- 11:22 Lincolnshire Police backs campaign involving Coronation Street star...
- 11:22 When and where will Santa’s sleigh be in Spilsby
- 11:22 This unusual weather phenomenon will dump torrential rain on...
- 11:21 This unusual weather phenomenon will dump torrential rain on...
- 11:21 Are Red Rose folk turning their backs on Lancashire cheese this...
- 11:20 Thief made £100K of property vanish from Magician Dynamo’s home
- 11:20 Why this Coventry restaurant has just been fined a record £12,000
- 11:20 This unusual weather phenomenon will dump torrential rain on...
- 11:20 How much Jose Mourinho spent on transfers as Manchester United manager
- 11:19 People are raging about Yorkshire Tea’s new biodegradable teabags...
- 11:19 Almost 700,000 UK homes stuck with slow broadband
- 11:18 Live updates: Woman shot near giant JLR Lode Lane factory in Solihull
- 11:17 Wigan furniture business fears it could go bust after multiple...
- 11:15 Books for Christmas: The best YA Fiction
- 11:15 Police use stinger to stop van in chase
- 11:15 Passengers endure long delays over police incident near Nuneaton
- 11:14 Manhunt for 'Ross from Friends lookalike' after he fails to appear...
- 11:14 Paul Pogba posts cryptic Instagram message after Manchester United...
- 11:14 These are the Doncaster toilets flushed with pride after scooping...
- 11:14 New Zealand to hold cannabis referendum in 2020
- 11:14 Arrests made after South Yorkshire raids over importation of...