Lewis Hamilton slams Mercedes after his engine catches on fire in Malaysian Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton has slammed Mercedes after he was forced to retire from the Malaysian Grand Prix as his engine caught on fire.
The British driver was in pole position ahead of the race but engine failure caused him to pull out.
Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo won, with Hamilton’s main rival Nico Rosberg finishing third behind Max Verstappen.
The result leaves him 23 points behind Rosberg and he let his feelings known straight after the bitter blow.
‘My question is to Mercedes,’ he said.
‘We have so many engines made for drivers, but mine are the only ones failing this year. Someone need to give... read more
- 17:18 The Big Interview: Anneli Ritari-Stewart, MD of iProspect
- 17:17 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho talks to Liverpool enemy...
- 17:15 Cycle safety campaign hailed as 'hugely positive' by Tour de Furness
- 17:15 Passengers back on track as Lakes Line replacement booms
- 17:14 DRC set for turmoil as Jean-Pierre Bemba expected home within weeks
- 17:14 Kashmir on edge after local government falls amid militant clashes
- 17:14 Cambodia: 33 pregnant women found in raid on child surrogacy ring
- 17:13 Thousands raised for Great North Air Ambulance at charity ball
- 17:13 Supermarkets are rationing frozen food as CO2 crisis left them...
- 17:08 New 21-bed hotel and restaurant proposed for Sleaford - here's what...
- 17:08 Ibiza Weekender's Callum Izzard MUGGED at knife point and left...
- 17:08 Nigel Farage 'BEGGED' Hayley Hughes for a snap after the politician...
- 17:04 Chelsea plot stunning Borussia Dortmund swap deal involving Alvaro...
- 17:04 Man Utd and Tottenham on transfer alert after Real Madrid star...
- 17:04 Passengers back on track as Lakes Line replacement booms
- 17:02 Warning issued to residents after cases of diabetes rocket
- 17:01 Liverpool transfer news: How Real Madrid star Marco Asensio could...
- 17:00 YP Letters: Did we really need post-war migrant labour?
- 17:00 Crowdfunding pays for distillery’s £3m expansion
- 17:00 YP Letters: Emasculation of Probation Service by Chris Grayling led...
- 17:00 YP Letters: Busy station needs extra platforms
- 17:00 Man arrested after police called to stabbing in Leeds
- 17:00 Mum rages at woman for banning her baby from a wedding she’d spent...
- 16:57 West Brom to go head to head with Huddersfield for France-based...
- 16:57 Man paralysed after huge two-litre poo cuts off blood flow to leg
- 16:57 Nick Kyrgios caught making obscene gesture in Queen’s semi-final
- 16:57 Novak Djokovic outlines hilarious plan to stop Marin Cilic in...
- 16:55 Shed destroyed in Hartlepool fire
- 16:55 Sadiq Khan: second Brexit vote possible if parliament rejects deal
- 16:54 Trump press secretary Sarah Sanders ejected from Virginia restaurant