Letters - November 8,2019
0 Have your say New-found freedom a revelation to me
Finding myself without transport recently, and not being on a bus route, taxis seemed to be the only mode of transport open.
Then a friend offered to lend me her mobility scooter for a while. I shrank back in horror from this idea at first.
Weren’t these scooters only for the elderly and disabled? Oh yes, of course, I am both, I thought, so why not give it a go?
I decided to give it a go and try out this orange monster, first in my driveway and then on the local pavements.
The whole experience was a revelation. After a few tentative... read more
- 17:58 Castle of Light, Edinburgh
- 17:40 Election 2019 Why I'm Voting Labour: Alan Gibbons, writer
- 17:40 Poetry on the Picketline Under the Acacia Tree, by Joy Johnson
- 17:40 Books Time to repossess our common treasury
- 17:11 Europe’s largest light and lantern festival in Heaton Park
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why Iâm Voting Labour: Attila the Stockbroker
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why I'm Voting Labour: Ra Page, publisher Comma Press
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why I'm voting Labour: Zita Holbourne, artist, writer...
- 17:05 Stratford Foodbank users soar in number
- 17:05 Two Stratford schools among top ten in West Midlands
- 16:50 Why Martin Lewis thinks it's time to ban buying Christmas presents
- 16:50 The W London: Boistrous Britannia
- 16:42 Evolution, Acosta Danza review: the Cuban master's showcase
- 16:02 Paedophile took pictures up young girls' skirts in Asda
- 16:02 Manchester Arena tragedy: inquiry waiting for police evidence
- 14:52 On Bear Ridge review: bleak laughs in a Welsh dystopia
- 13:08 Sex offender jailed for breaching order
- 13:08 Girl, 8, asks Santa for 'warm jacket' in heartbreaking Christmas wish
- 13:08 Taber looking forward to seeing Cubs develop to full potential
- 13:08 Calls for women to have leading roles at Stratford District Council
- 12:05 Mothercare launches Black Friday sale with items up to half price
- 12:05 Six months of overnight lane closures to allow for M60 improvements
- 11:57 Why running out of fuel could land you with a hefty fine
- 11:57 Angry TSB customers left without wages in their accounts
- 10:52 Festive interactive storytelling to entertain kids in Lichfield
- 10:17 Hospice hosts services in Lichfield for people to remember loved ones
- 10:17 Cameras removed from Burntwood car park after complaints
- 09:16 Motorists facing delays of 30 minutes on the M66