LETTER: Councillor was always a gentleman
I WISH to pay tribute to former Bury councillor Keith Rothwell, who passed away recently.
We served together on the boards of several local charities over many years.
Despite belonging to different political parties, he was always a true gentleman to me.
Keith was totally blind and deaf and in recent years also had a serious kidney condition requiring dialysis several times a week.
Yet despite all his major health problems, he never complained ever about his disabilities, was always upbeat and had the courage and bravery I can only liken to that of a soldier in the trenches!
I admired him... read more
- 15:28 Wakefield shop stopped from selling Romanian booze after police object
- 15:27 Scottish Budget LIVE: Derek Mackay delivers financial plans
- 15:27 Girl starved of oxygen at birth gets £22m compensation from hospital
- 15:27 Furious parents blast primary school for including ‘boozing’ in...
- 15:25 Russian scientist claims spaceships need ‘electromagnetic shields’...
- 15:25 ‘Insurance agent killed friend then married his wife and cashed his...
- 15:25 Has Theresa May decided not to fight the next election?
- 15:24 Heating issues at Boston Library leads to temporary closures
- 15:24 City banker Zahid Naseem 'texted partner to say sorry after escort...
- 15:24 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:23 MLB news: Bryce Harper set to join Washington Nationals’ NL East...
- 15:23 Greg Wright: The high stakes Brexit gamble has real-world consequences
- 15:22 Sheffield school’s work as global neighbour applauded
- 15:21 Poldark's Eleanor Tomlinson to star with Mary Berry in Christmas...
- 15:21 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:20 Festive fun at Garstang's Victorian Christmas Festival
- 15:20 Thousands of Rugby patients are waiting three weeks or more to see GP
- 15:20 Pupils give up weekend to pack bags in aid of Myton Hospice
- 15:20 Officers covering villages and rural areas to be Taser equipped in...
- 15:19 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:19 Arrest after armed police called to St Annes
- 15:19 Festive fun at Garstang's Victorian Christmas Festival
- 15:19 Strasbourg attack: 'It lasted for minutes, but felt like hours'
- 15:19 Major Shefield road to be closed for resurfacing works
- 15:19 Archdeacon Michael: Just where do festive traditions come from
- 15:18 More than 100 new student flats to be built on site of former hotel
- 15:18 Prolific Sunderland car thief will spend Christmas behind bars
- 15:18 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:17 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:17 This is how you can cook a WHOLE Christmas dinner using just TWO pans