LETTER: Councillor was always a gentleman
I WISH to pay tribute to former Bury councillor Keith Rothwell, who passed away recently.
We served together on the boards of several local charities over many years.
Despite belonging to different political parties, he was always a true gentleman to me.
Keith was totally blind and deaf and in recent years also had a serious kidney condition requiring dialysis several times a week.
Yet despite all his major health problems, he never complained ever about his disabilities, was always upbeat and had the courage and bravery I can only liken to that of a soldier in the trenches!
I admired him... read more
- 08:24 Why Hull's speed bumps are being praised after years of abuse from...
- 08:22 Rogue online sellers are ‘paying people to give positive reviews’
- 08:15 Mental health work wins top award for nurse
- 08:09 Prince Harry is an officer and a gentleman as he and Meghan lay...
- 08:08 Fleur is having a bale of a time
- 08:08 Whiskies that cost a king’s ransom
- 08:08 Desert Island Chef: Rory MacCrimmon of Kinnettles Hotel, St Andrews
- 08:08 Food blog: Brodie Willaims
- 08:08 Keeping our roads safe is a joint responsibility
- 08:08 Chef’s Table: Graeme Pallister of 63 Tay Street
- 08:08 Padrino Pizza, Dundee (40/50)
- 08:06 Crime figures reveal large rise in robberies in Ashfield
- 08:04 Crime figures reveal large rise in robberies in Ashfield
- 08:02 Man Utd news: Eddie Howe tipped to step into Sir Alex Ferguson’s...
- 07:59 Nearly 1,500 preganant women leaving themselves and babies at risk...
- 07:58 Girl airlifted to hospital after being hit by car in Preston
- 07:57 How £3.6m revival of old Sheffield factory will bring more bars,...
- 07:55 Mohammed Dewji: Kidnapped billionaire 'home safely'
- 07:52 The schools with the worst truancy figures in Hull and the East Riding
- 07:39 How £3.6m revival of old Sheffield factory will bring more bars,...
- 07:39 Sheffield Supertram passengers warned of delays on blue route
- 07:37 Leicester bookmaker ordered to pay £94k after addict customer spent...
- 07:36 Elena Ferrante: why am I always the last to leave a party?
- 07:34 FARMING MATTERS: Retiring from role with sheep
- 07:34 Gastro pub gets major refurbishment - and this is how good the food is
- 07:31 Arsenal news: Michael Owen tips Gunners to win TENTH consecutive...
- 07:31 16 Hull primary school class pictures from the early Noughties
- 07:26 Christmas travel: move fast to snap up cheap tickets
- 07:26 Pensions: could you claim part of a £19bn cash mountain?
- 07:26 Can you buy decent running shoes for £50 or less?