Lena Dunham has ovary removed after increasing pain
Lena Dunham, the star and creator of the HBO comedy series Girls, has had an operation to remove her left ovary after struggling with increasing pain.
The 32-year-old writer and actor, who had a hysterectomy 11 months ago to alleviate the symptoms of endometriosis, had the operation this week.
She posted on her Instagram account, which is followed by three million people, to talk about her health problems, saying she had two hour surgery to remove her ovary, which was encased in scar tissue and fibrosis. She said that it had been “kinda hard to walk/pee/vamp”.
Dunham wrote: “My mother took... read more
- 18:37 Police and ambulance rush to incident in Boston
- 18:36 Premier League rejects FA proposal to increase homegrown quotas
- 18:36 Tom Scudamore fit and on course to ride Thistlecrack in Betfair Chase
- 18:32 Family ‘overwhelmed’ by generosity of public who offered support...
- 18:32 Celtic to boycott Rangers away clash? Why fans could miss out on...
- 18:32 "Are you taking the p***?": Customers accuse McDonald's of false...
- 18:32 Power cut affects Sheffield retail park
- 18:29 Ex-Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner to serve 50-day prison sentence...
- 18:27 Wellesbourne to become a world centre for driverless cars
- 18:27 UK universities urged to review ties with UAE over jailing of academic
- 18:26 Power cut affects Sheffield retail park
- 18:26 Council to spend £325,000 on organisation aiming to bridge skills...
- 18:26 Universal Credit in Doncaster: Warning over potential £24 million...
- 18:25 Scots druid and witch pals in court after trespassing at Stonehenge
- 18:25 Apple supplier to slash expenses amid concern over iPhone sales
- 18:24 Sugary supplement mannose could help fight cancer
- 18:24 Chicago doctor killed by ex-fiance called police to report she...
- 18:24 Lockerbie: police find no criminality in way inquiry was handled
- 18:22 The man who mapped the Munros - before Hugh Munro
- 18:22 Two men killed while assisting driver of overturned car on A20
- 18:21 First ever plane with no moving parts takes flight
- 18:19 Devin Lima: Singer with US boy band LFO dies at 41
- 18:19 Poland reverses law on removing judges following EU court ruling
- 18:18 Where to bag a bargain in Leeds for Black Friday
- 18:15 Mum speaks of 'unreal' moment she gave birth on bathroom floor
- 18:15 The worrying reason benefits staff in Hull are getting special...
- 18:15 Tabitha (8) raises £400 for charity for fellow premature babies
- 18:14 ISRAEL TRIP: Bury's special Israeli connection
- 18:14 ISRAEL TRIP: Exploring the heart of the historic Levant
- 18:13 Why doesn't Michelle Obama's memoir have an index? Blame Trump