Leicester City helicopter crash pilot 'lost control after pedals disconnected from rotor'
The helicopter involved in a crash which killed the owner of Leicester City lost control after the pilot's pedals became disconnected from the tail rotor, investigators said.
This resulted in the aircraft making an uncontrollable right turn before it spun and crashed, according to a special bulletin by the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB).
The report revealed that a system linking the pilot's pedals with the tail rotor failed.
An inspection at the crash site found parts of a mechanism had become disconnected and there was a "build-up of black grease" on one component.
The... read more
- 09:59 Business Awards launched with new name and a new venue
- 09:59 Video shows extent of damage to JD Sports in Sheffield after early...
- 09:58 Lancaster beauty therapist spots fiancée’s skin cancer
- 09:57 Amazon and Apple just teamed up to give Alexa a crucial music upgrade
- 09:56 Free festive meal for those facing Christmas alone
- 09:55 Free festive meal for those facing Christmas alone
- 09:54 These were the best performing primary schools in Doncaster in 2018
- 09:54 Preston North End LIVE: Alex Neil looking up the Championship...
- 09:54 Stagecoach urged to delay cuts to Warwickshire bus services
- 09:54 Aston Villa consider Premier League defender; Leeds in for middle...
- 09:54 Ian Bell ringing the changes as he heads east for quickfire T20 stint
- 09:54 London's new official plan for cycling is bold but has a major flaw
- 09:53 84-year-old woman stopped as she drove the wrong way along the A64
- 09:53 These are the mobile speed camera locations to be aware of in...
- 09:53 'Unknown offenders' throw eggs at house of 95-year-old D-Day...
- 09:52 Meghan Markle and Prince Harry nicknamed 'Monica and Chandler' by...
- 09:52 Robbie Williams revealed as new Weight Watchers ambassador
- 09:52 Rumour Mill: ‘No big deal’ if Pogba is sold says ex-Manchester...
- 09:52 Championship Live: All eyes on big Derby v Forest showdown
- 09:51 Men found guilty of raping woman in Roker Avenue flat due to be...
- 09:51 These are the benefits dates for Christmas 2018 - when child...
- 09:51 Shorter train delays now trigger rail pay outs by Northern
- 09:51 Free festive meal for those facing Christmas alone
- 09:51 Generous Burnley pupils helping homeless this Christmas
- 09:49 Former Indian MP jailed for life over 1984 Sikh massacre
- 09:49 1MDB scandal: Malaysia files charges against Goldman Sachs
- 09:49 These are the worst performing primary schools in Doncaster in 2018
- 09:49 These were the best performing primary schools in Doncaster in 2018
- 09:49 Driver cut from car after crashing into wall near Matlock
- 09:48 These are the worst performing primary schools in Doncaster in 2018