Lawrence murder suspect Jamie Acourt admits £4m drugs plot
A man who was suspected in the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence has pleaded guilty to heading up a £4m drugs plot.
Jamie Acourt, 42, from Eltham, south-east London, pleaded guilty at Kingston crown court on Thursday over the two-year conspiracy to supply cannabis resin.
His 43-year-old brother Neil Acourt has already been jailed for more than six years over the hashish scheme, but Jamie had fled to Spain where was living under the alias “Simon Alfonzo” until his arrest in May.
Both were previously arrested after the fatal stabbing of the black 18-year-old in Eltham in 1993, but have always... read more
- 01:27 Government faces High Court action over children's rights
- 01:17 Fears for Uighur comedian missing amid crackdown on cultural figures
- 01:17 Japan’s Hayabusa 2 successfully touches down on Ryugu asteroid
- 01:14 PTSD affects 'one in 13 by age of 18'
- 01:14 Brexit: Theresa May warned dozens of Tories could rebel over no-deal
- 01:04 James Gargasoulas jailed for life over Bourke Street massacre
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,302 hard
- 01:02 Melbourne car rampage: James Gargasoulas jailed for six murders
- 00:57 Anthem video game set for tough debut
- 00:49 Bill Carmichael: Why the odds are stil stacked against the...
- 00:48 Okinawa referendum: everything you need to know
- 00:44 Rory McIlroy sets off with a bang to lead WGC-Mexico Championship
- 00:44 Natalie Bennett: Why Independents and their rebel alliance will...
- 00:42 'Historical Google Earth' project captures a changing Britain
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: A fitting flypast – Sheffield remembers...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: Answers please – main parties must respond...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: All change on climate policy as Humber’s...
- 00:40 Caroline Flint: How small changes to transport could make a big...
- 00:34 Two sons of El Chapo indicted in US on drug conspiracy charges
- 00:27 Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend
- 00:21 What Iceland can teach us about paying men and women fairly
- 00:21 Web watchdog warns over knee-jerk regulation of social networks
- 00:19 House price falls in Sydney and Melbourne not all bad, Reserve Bank...
- 00:19 Man charged with murder of Islamists’ brother in Brighton
- 00:16 Abdul Deghayes death: Man charged with murder of Syria pair's brother
- 00:05 The snow patrol drones saving skiiers from an icy death
- 00:03 Maurizio Sarri defends Jorginho after midfielder is booed in...
- 23:57 AT&T and Hasbro pull YouTube ads over abuse claims
- 23:47 Venezuela crisis threatens disease epidemic across continent - experts
- 23:39 R Kelly faces fresh claims of sexual abuse