Labour 'wants to move on' from last week, chief whip says
Wakefield's Labour group wants to "move on" from the unrest and internal divisions that have rocked the party for more than a week, according to its chief whip.
Coun Richard Forster said that the majority of councillors wanted to put recent events behind them, after four elected members resigned from senior positions.
It follows an unsuccessful motion to unseat long-serving council leader Peter Box at a Labour group meeting on September 17, amid concerns about Wakefield's failing children's services.
Coun Box said afterwards he intended to carry on in the post he has held for 20... read more
- 03:37 Ambani-Piramal wedding: Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian event
- 03:14 Roger the kangaroo: Enormous roo dies aged 12
- 03:06 Should homeless people be expected to live in a box?
- 03:06 Legal aid advice network 'decimated' by funding cuts
- 03:06 Three Northern Ireland ambulance staff attacked by patient
- 03:06 Carwyn Jones considered quitting over Carl Sargeant death
- 02:27 Yellow vest protests: Macron to hold crisis meeting
- 02:26 Isha Ambani wedding: Beyoncé and Hillary Clinton jet to India for...
- 01:54 Armenia election: PM Nikol Pashinyan ahead in snap poll
- 01:45 Jamal Khashoggi murder: Saudi Arabia refuses to extradite suspects...
- 01:41 The women who have less power than you think
- 01:41 Five things to know this week: Will Google manage to calm Trump?
- 01:41 Why women in South Korea are cutting 'the corset'
- 01:23 Top score award given to Kelsey sharpshooter
- 01:19 Angela Smith: The People’s Vote is only way out of Brexit gridlock
- 01:19 Jayne Dowle: Where are the apprentices to build the future?
- 01:19 Claire Holland: Brexit reveals the need to tackle our skills...
- 01:15 First two F-35A fighter jets to arrive in Australia amid warning on...
- 01:12 BBC Sound of 2019: Which rising stars have made the longlist?
- 01:00 Watchdog targets 'anti-competitive' ports deal involving NSW...
- 00:43 Sudoku 4,239 easy
- 00:42 'I was divorced and missed having company'
- 00:42 Called the wrong name at work? Awkward...
- 00:42 November shopper footfall down as Black Friday bites
- 00:38 The Yorkshire Post says: Care conundrum – the price of political...
- 00:38 The Yorkshire Post says: If only it was this easy, Boris, as...
- 00:35 Fans with flares will be stopped, warn police ahead of crunch...
- 00:34 Tackle climate or face financial crash, say world's biggest investors
- 00:34 UK high streets face quietest Christmas since credit crunch
- 00:34 BP faces shareholder challenge over carbon targets