Labour to offer private sector employee ownership plan
Employee ownership schemes in large companies could result in almost 11 million workers being given up to £500 a year each, in plans to be expanded upon by the shadow chancellor on Monday.
Under the scheme, every company with 250 or more employees will be expected to create an “inclusive ownership fund” (IOF) under a future Labour government, John McDonnell will say.
Additional income would be capped at £500 according to the plan to make employees part-owners of their companies. Any further dividends would go to a national fund to pay for public services and welfare, in an effective new... read more
- 04:35 Error saw BMW seized and crushed by Flintshire council
- 04:35 Nottingham Prison tribunal: Officer 'silenced for speaking out'
- 04:35 Ex-health boss 'leaving Wales' after losing confidence in NHS
- 04:34 Qantas 'women of influence' protest against airline's role in...
- 04:26 Gender Recognition Act: 'Why we want identity rules changed'
- 04:26 'My husband died, and I still have many unanswered questions'
- 04:26 The bang on the head that knocked English out of me
- 04:26 Children 'at risk of blackmail due to live-streaming surge'
- 04:26 Derbyshire family left devastated after thieves steal animals meant...
- 04:20 Next phase for ‘Edinburgh’s new neighbour’ unveiled
- 04:15 Teach children how to avoid dog bites, say MPs
- 04:15 Blind British man climbs Europe's highest mountain
- 04:15 Brexit: 'Expectations low' as PM heads to Brussels
- 04:15 The students who fear for their ambitions amid college cuts
- 04:04 YouTube down: video service crashes for several hours
- 03:54 Canada becomes second country to legalise recreational marijuana
- 03:01 US moves to negotiate trade deals with Japan, UK, EU
- 02:55 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:28 The best responses to Piers Morgan dad-shaming Daniel Craig
- 02:27 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:22 Chelsea News: Bale for Hazard claim, striker interest confirmed,...
- 02:21 Ian Kiernan: 'Clean Up the World' environmentalist dies
- 02:04 Global register set up to keep criminals out of aid sector
- 01:53 Prince Harry and Meghan begin tour of drought-stricken Dubbo
- 01:43 Trump denounces Cohen and defends Saudi Arabia in wide-ranging...
- 01:28 Afghan drought 'displacing more people than Taliban'
- 01:24 Self-lubricating condom designed to reduce infections
- 01:17 Royal baby name odds: what will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle call...
- 01:09 Mike is a high flier
- 01:03 Why Halloween's reboot is bringing Jamie Lee Curtis so much attention