Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
LABOUR is celebrating after winning the Besses by-election.
Lucy Smith successfully defended the ward for her party despite a stronger than expected showing from the Conservatives.
Cllr Smith said she was looking forward to putting her pledges into action.
Besses ward by-election result:
Lucy Smith (Labour) 999
Jordan Lewis (Conservative) 708
Stephen Morris (English Democrats) 72
Gareth Lloyd-Johnson (Liberal Democrat) 71
Michael Swierzanski (UKIP) 49
Glyn Heath (Green Party) 55
Turnout 23.6 per cent
- 16:17 Parents lose High Court battle to force doctors to treat severely...
- 16:17 Man City team news: Expected XI vs Shakhtar, Pep Guardiola to go...
- 16:17 Members told about history of Birmingham
- 16:12 Migrants building £2.6bn windfarm paid fraction of minimum wage
- 16:12 Trump was 'playful' in praising assault on Guardian reporter, Ben...
- 16:11 Woman assaulted two trans women at karaoke night after saying ‘what...
- 16:07 NFL London: Osi Umenyiora and Jason Bell 'the best pundits on TV':...
- 16:07 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho hailed for furious brawl at...
- 16:07 Susan ‘walks the walk’ in a magical kingdom!
- 16:06 No complaints - West Brom must learn this Championship lesson and fast
- 16:06 Prince Harry breaks silence on whether he wants a girl or a boy...
- 16:06 Letter: Pension - The ‘invisible women’ of the 50s
- 16:03 ‘Use 999 responsibly’ plea after staff receive call from someone...
- 16:03 Why Yorkshireman Jason Liversidge wants to go 100mph in a wheelchair
- 16:03 Teenage girl arrested after man in 20s found dead in parked car in...
- 16:02 Mass marches in the UK - from Iraq to tuition fees
- 16:02 Louth newspaper office contributes to boost Poppy pot
- 16:02 The killing and mutilation of two vulnerable women that left a...
- 16:01 Roadworks round-up: Where drivers might face delays around...
- 16:00 Couple say they were ‘held hostage’ over £4,000 damage to...
- 16:00 Video: ‘At least 30’ injured after floor collapses at party
- 15:59 At least 22 people killed after commuter train flips over in Taiwan
- 15:58 ‘Use 999 responsibly’ plea after staff receive call from someone...
- 15:57 Jordan seeks to end Israel land lease
- 15:56 Toddler scalped when family friend accidentally drove over him
- 15:56 Todd Solondz: 'I have weak moral fibre. I wish I were stronger'
- 15:54 Prostate cancer: radiotherapy could extend thousands of lives,...
- 15:53 Smoke billows from Newton Abbot warehouse blaze
- 15:52 Launch party for game play
- 15:51 How many different names do you have for your dog?