‘Kind, caring’ Whitby teenager a cut above above the rest
A Whitby teenager who lost his grandmother and great-grandmother to cancer in just six months is having his long hair cut to help other cancer sufferers.
Josh Spence, 13, a pupil at Eskdale School, is having his locks cut short to raise cash for Cancer Research UK.
His hair is also going to the Little Princess Trust, a charity which makes real hair wigs for children who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment.
As a show of solidarity, Josh’s head of year at Eskdale, Andy Raw, will also have his head shaved if Josh can raise £500. The total from his Just Giving page, coupled with... read more
- 01:36 Defying stereotypes of older age, the volunteer who is busier than...
- 01:30 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 01:23 Jailed for abortion: the 15-year-old girl failed by Indonesia
- 01:18 Last place in England to offer publicly-funded homeopathy is to...
- 01:18 Men trust their doctor more if they are the same race, study finds
- 01:11 Young people 'more sceptical about value of university' – poll
- 01:05 Sudoku 4140 hard
- 01:00 Australians living longer but life expectancy dips in US and UK
- 00:58 Majority of Scottish voters feel ignored by UK ministers on Brexit
- 00:55 ‘Comfort women’: the dark history of Japan’s WWII sex slaves
- 00:55 Bitcoin price falls below £5,000 as market hits ‘panic mode’
- 00:53 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 00:37 Tory suspended over "Nazi" language
- 00:37 Happy Jansson signs new deal with Leeds United
- 00:20 Almost 350 news outlets to publish editorials denouncing Trump's...
- 00:18 Frampton vs Jackson: Northern Irish sporting history will be made -...
- 00:12 Picket Lines Fair Game
- 00:10 Peterloo director calls for 1819 massacre to be taught in UK schools
- 00:06 Man, 36, nearly dies after smoking four joints that triggered rare...
- 00:06 Weight gain after quitting smoking increases a person’s type 2...
- 00:05 West Midlands Police officer charged over indecent child images
- 00:01 Meghan Markle might be pregnant - if you notice this subtle sign
- 23:59 Kim Jong-nam murder trial: two suspects await key Malaysia court...
- 23:57 NRL's coaching merry-go-round at risk of spinning out of control
- 23:57 Birmingham City midfielder Chiekh N'Doye close to completing move -...
- 23:50 Paul Manafort trial: judge hands case to jurors after closing...
- 23:32 Unai Emery to stick with Petr Cech for Chelsea clash after deeming...
- 23:28 PICTURES: Low water levels at Derwent Reservoir reveal lost village
- 23:25 Everton paid over the odds for Richarlison, admits Marcel Brands
- 23:25 Mature and motivated: Aleksandar Mitrovic ready to fire for Fulham