Kiev: Russian aid convoy to be barred from Ukraine
A CONVOY of 280 Russian trucks thought to be packed with aid was headed for eastern Ukraine yesterday - but Kiev said it would deny the mission entry because it could be a covert military operation.
The International Committee of the Red Cross said it had no information on what the trucks were carrying or where they were going.
Leaders in Ukraine and the West have voiced concerns that Russia could use the initiative as a pretext for sending troops into separatist-held territory.
Russian television and news agencies reported 2,000 tonnes of aid was en route to Ukraine, where fighting between... read more
- 18:15 Labour MP accused of misleading police tells court of chaotic life
- 18:14 Here's how people voted in an online poll for a Brighouse Town Council
- 18:11 Take me to your Leda: sensual Pompeii bedroom art uncovered
- 18:09 ‘Dangerous criminal’ has more time added to sentence for vicious...
- 18:09 ‘Widespread support’ for work of Johnston Press journalists
- 18:09 Man has been banned from doing this in every single Hull street
- 18:08 Instagram stalker's locked up on remand for two months is sentenced...
- 18:06 California wildfires: Concern over rain in search efforts
- 18:05 'Floozie in the Jacuzzi' fountain could flow again in Birmingham
- 18:05 Birmingham City favourite has made this interesting transfer admission
- 18:05 MDMA makes people more cooperative and forgiving, scientists discover
- 18:05 Bouncers found guilty of attacking rugby legend Shane Williams...
- 18:02 Mystery of Chinese camouflaged car spotted in Warwick
- 18:02 Sky is giving away a free 43" TV with its Black Friday Ultimate On...
- 18:01 Coventry City star marks comeback with a goal as he eyes return to...
- 18:01 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp must sign a midfielder to...
- 18:01 Man Utd news: Injury updates amid potential crisis for Crystal...
- 18:01 Like Norman Foster's gherkin? Meet his cocktail cornichon
- 18:00 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:57 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told to strengthen ONE position...
- 17:56 Northamptonshire's crime commissioner asks: 'Would you pay £2 a...
- 17:53 Salon staff 'beauty shame' teenage customer with cruel comments on...
- 17:53 Drug dealer ordered to pay £21k or do more jail time
- 17:52 Post-Brexit immigration plan would damage UK economy, May told
- 17:51 Major delays as multiple 999 crews rush in after pedestrian is...
- 17:50 Juventus ‘compiling dossier’ on Manchester United star Marcus Rashford
- 17:48 Weekend hockey results
- 17:47 Shipston Home Nursing announces week long pop up
- 17:46 Hospitality graduates show off skills at Celtic Park
- 17:43 Six students at Toronto Catholic school charged with sexual assault