Kia Gott: Meningitis C girl's father slams vaccination decision
The father of an 11-month-old girl with "one of the worst cases of meningitis" medics have ever seen said he blames a decision to stop a routine vaccination for the "living nightmare".
Kia Gott, of Bradford, had all of her limbs amputated after she contracted meningitis C last September.
Her father Paul said the decision, taken three months earlier, had "taken my daughter's life away".
Public Health England said cases in babies under one were "very rare."
Kia faces multiple skin grafts and months in hospital due to her condition.
More stories from... read more
- 05:12 Just one in ten of us will be smokers in 2023, say health officials
- 05:08 Brussels urged to investigate Czech PM over business empire
- 05:05 Lucy Ward and Claire Cook join BHW Solicitors in its house-building...
- 04:56 A very Australian coup: Murdoch, Turnbull and the power of News Corp
- 04:31 Wolves boss Nuno reveals the amusing story which led to him...
- 04:31 Major changes at Aston Villa as exciting transfer link emerges
- 04:31 Darren Moore said this about Craig Dawson after making him West...
- 04:31 "It's obvious they do" - Every word from Garry Monk on Lakin,...
- 04:21 Court martial clears two accused of negligence over Leicester...
- 04:07 Pioneering US ballet dancer Arthur Mitchell dies at 84
- 03:40 'We're in love but never have sex'
- 03:14 South East Coast Ambulance Service buys second-hand ambulances
- 03:12 New Zealand to pay out millions after thousands wrongly evicted for...
- 03:08 From murder capital of Europe to role model for London
- 03:08 Three in four London students 'from ethnic minorities by 2030'
- 02:57 'Don't go cold turkey' to quit smoking
- 02:21 Earthbound Games nets £750k to self-publish game
- 02:21 David Alexander comment: Retail outlet could return residents to...
- 02:21 SHE Software doubles team in one year
- 02:15 The disappearance of Fan Bingbing: is Chinese actor a victim of her...
- 02:15 Yoga ball murder: Man jailed for using poison gas to kill wife and...
- 02:13 Is the UK finally close to agreeing a Brexit deal?
- 02:07 Greater support is needed for the ‘vital’ network of unpaid carers
- 02:04 The Coral: 'We lead each other astray'
- 02:04 Top 10 tips for starting at university
- 02:01 Ex-Chicago police commander linked to torture of more than 100...
- 01:57 The Yorkshire Post says: Rail failures of responsibility. Official...
- 01:54 Spanish flu: 'We didn't know who we'd lose next'
- 01:53 The Yorkshire Post says: Rail failures of responsibility. Official...
- 01:41 IN PICTURES: Northumberland battered by Storm Ali