KHAN READY TO TURN BACK ON BRITAIN
Amir Khan is ready to turn his back on Britain "for a long time" after the row over television coverage for Saturday's WBA light-welterweight title defence against Paul McCloskey.
The Englishman's first fight on home soil since 2009 has been overshadowed by a falling out concerning the broadcast of the bout this week, with Khan insisting he receives more support from television companies in the United States than he does here.
At Manchester's MEN Arena on Saturday night he takes on unbeaten Northern Irish southpaw McCloskey before hopefully securing the chance to face American... read more
- 16:19 Revealed: Aston Villa star in contract stand-off after Leeds United...
- 16:19 The Manchester United transfer news that all Aston Villa fans have...
- 16:19 Working relationship between officers and councillors no longer...
- 16:19 Seven new trees find a home on Northampton park with help of...
- 16:19 Mother burnt her two toddlers with cigars then claimed they’d been...
- 16:19 Illegal cigarette raid shop has licence stubbed out in Wolverhampton
- 16:19 The insect apocalypse is upon us as research shows dramatic species...
- 16:19 This is what West Bromwich Albion think of Birmingham City
- 16:19 First police withdrew from scene where three died at St Patrick’s...
- 16:19 Rare original royal charter dating back 819 years discovered
- 16:18 Trump expands global gag rule that blocks US aid for abortion groups
- 16:18 Wanted: 15 people police urgently want to speak to in Wakefield
- 16:17 This is why part of the A444 will be closed from tomorrow
- 16:17 Brits to bask in scorching April heatwave
- 16:17 Dakota fly-past lined up for Mansfield Armed Forces Day
- 16:17 The pictures Liverpool fans DIDN'T want to see ahead of title...
- 16:16 Road closure at South Shields seafront to last until end of week
- 16:16 Major burst water main causing disruption in Rotherham
- 16:16 RFU opposes Nations Championship owing to ‘catastrophic’ relegation...
- 16:16 Did the Channel 5 show 'Britain's Favourite Crisps' get it right?
- 16:15 Parkfield School teachers 'shaking, losing weight and stressed'...
- 16:15 Tory MP Christopher Chope says knife crime victims can avoid being...
- 16:14 Scientists issue crops warning over long-term pollinator losses
- 16:14 Fifty strong choir entertains Padiham audience at church venue
- 16:13 Firecrews called to Hartlepool house blaze in early hours of morning
- 16:12 British food festival to return to Harewood
- 16:11 Ground broken for £10 million technology centre in Leamington
- 16:11 Brits to bask in scorching April heatwave
- 16:11 British food festival to return to Harewood
- 16:10 Major burst water main causing disruption in Rotherham