Kezia Dugdale claims magazine outed her as gay before she could reveal sexuality herself
Former Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale has claimed she was outed by a magazine before she had publicly revealed she is gay.
Dugdale said she had to "make some phone calls" to inform people about her sexuality before they read the interview and regretted not having "complete control" over the process.
The 36-year-old, who quit as the leader of Scottish Labour earlier this week, said she asked for her quotes on her sexuality not to be included in an interview with the Fabian Review in 2016 - a claim disputed by the journalist who wrote the piece.
She told the BBC's... read more
- 16:38 Tragedy for ex-Love Island star as her boyfriend dies a week after...
- 16:38 Cobblers defender Bunney makes loan move to Blackpool
- 16:37 Revealed: £1.1 resurfacing programme on FOUR major Harrogate roads
- 16:37 Sun shines on the Bloxham Steam Rally
- 16:36 Maplin chain now completely closed
- 16:36 Tailbacks on A590 after collision
- 16:35 Sky boss calls for more women programmers as Leeds launches growth...
- 16:34 48 hours in Chicago: the ultimate two-day guide
- 16:34 Rhinos launch kids hospice grand car raffle
- 16:33 Smoking, chip pans and candles: Fires in your home could be prevented
- 16:33 Three quarters of Brits can't identify East Midlands landmarks
- 16:33 Adobe says it can identify manipulated images using AI
- 16:33 A Derbyshire pub is covered in St. George's spirit for the World...
- 16:32 Grimsby weather presenter Keeley Donovan shares video and photos of...
- 16:32 Police car attacked as officers called to disturbance on Grange estate
- 16:32 Man arrested in dawn operation in connection with sex offence...
- 16:31 This is why huge plumes of smoke could be seen across Birmingham today
- 16:31 Revealed: Nine of the UK’s 10 cheapest seaside towns are in Scotland
- 16:30 Gardener and girlfriend win £3million on Lottery scratchcard
- 16:30 Why police divers were at Noddle Hill Way pond in Bransholme
- 16:29 Appeal for public to support March of Remembrance in Padiham
- 16:29 Church children Lent their help to local NHS
- 16:29 Burnley community reads entire Bible at local church event
- 16:29 Deputy director from KGH up for national women’s award
- 16:29 Teacher's touching gesture to help all girls go to prom
- 16:28 Six people arrested after fight in Mansfield town centre
- 16:28 Woman struck by traffic light in Southam
- 16:27 Man runs into Market Harborough supermarket with knife wound to his...
- 16:27 Dormer House School performs A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 16:27 Trump repeats call to deprive undocumented migrants of due process