Katharine House Hospice faces staff funding crisis
Banburyshire’s hospice is facing a £250,000 shortfall over the next three years because of new government rules on NHS pay.
Katharine House chief executive Angharad Orchard has written to the six MPs whose residents use the hospice asking them to intervene, saying while it supports the proposed rises, it is worried about the impact on it and other hospices.
The Adderbury hospice is one of the majority in England that do not meet ‘Agenda for Change’ criteria for staff pay, so it will not be given a share of a fund to pay for expected pay rises.
Ms Orchard said: “It costs more than £4 million... read more
- 15:03 How to keep your make-up on all day
- 15:02 Karen Carney misses penalty as Birmingham City hold Chelsea
- 15:02 LeBron James's home LA Lakers debut marred by brawl and ejections
- 15:01 Gang hurls wheelie bins at police as fights break out during...
- 14:57 Perth is only Scottish city to oppose car bans, survey reveals
- 14:57 Woman haunted by screech of cat ‘killed by dog’ outside her...
- 14:55 Men of Twitter explain the downsides of being male
- 14:55 Residents confusion over spelling on street signs across Sheffield...
- 14:54 Grim reason why should never cover public toilet seats with loo roll
- 14:53 The 'drugs den' next door: This is what it's like when your...
- 14:56 Anti-fracking protester who ‘pulled out guard’s beard’ to face trial
- 14:52 Ap-’peal’-ing theme for Horncastle church festival
- 14:51 My Yorkshire: Roger Ingham - a familiar voice in God’s own county
- 14:50 Man loses part of ear in 'nasty' attack outside Swindon pub
- 14:50 'Disgust' after clinical waste found in Swindon street
- 14:48 Scotland set for big freeze as blistering polar winds and snow will...
- 14:47 Why hundreds of Coventry teenagers face GCSE resits
- 14:46 Plans reveal how new £3.5m leisure centre in Broughton Astley could...
- 14:38 Can you help find Stephen?
- 14:38 Blackpool school wins battle to build elevated playground to...
- 14:38 Blackpool hotel wins fight to sell alcohol until 1am
- 14:37 Eighteen people killed in Taiwan train derailment
- 14:37 Can you help find Stephen?
- 14:35 Arsenal news: Emery’s transfer revelation, Malcom January loan...
- 14:32 Woman dead after 'gas explosion' rips through flat and sets...
- 14:31 Brexit deal needs to be done by end of November, Brexit secretary says
- 14:30 Yorkshire protesters travel to London for People's Vote march
- 14:29 Urgent appeal to find missing Hull woman Emma Miller
- 14:27 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp reveals why he DROPPED Robeto Firmino...
- 14:26 Can you help find Stephen?