Kate Spade: 'Fashion can't feel like a costume'
The rise of American fashion designer Kate Spade, who turned her name into a global brand, reads like a classic American tale of a self-made businesswoman.
She and her future husband built the accessories firm from their apartment, tapping into retirement savings to get a start.
They would later sell the company and start again.
Raised in Missouri as Kate Brosnahan, Ms Spade attended an all-girls Catholic high school and Arizona State University.
It was there that she met her future husband Andy Spade, brother of the Hollywood comedian David, working in a clothing store.
They moved to New... read more
- 19:05 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp talks departures and...
- 19:04 Matthew Bates reacts to Hartlepool United's FIRST win of the...
- 19:04 Crowds turn out to enjoy Hartlepool Show and Horticultural Festival
- 19:04 ‘We’re ready and waiting for you’ - relaunch of Operation Galileo
- 19:04 Fashion boss gives £1m boost to People’s Vote campaign
- 19:01 999 emergency services entertain crowds at Cleethorpes...
- 19:00 Late Taylor goal earns Stratford Town a point at Royston
- 18:59 Reece Prescod’s late surge fractionally short of catching Christian...
- 18:59 This is Steve McClaren's verdict after West Brom wallop QPR
- 18:59 Steve Bruce highlights two positions Aston Villa need...
- 18:59 Italy mourns Genoa bridge victims at state funeral as some angry...
- 18:58 Here's what Mark Robins had to say about Coventry City match-winner...
- 18:53 New Hampshire woman bears no grudge after losing eye in home attack
- 18:53 Two paragliders dead in Macedonia after their parachutes collide...
- 18:53 LOTTO RESULTS: Winning National Lottery numbers for Saturday August 18
- 18:53 Kofi Annan death: World leaders honour former UN chief
- 18:45 Leeds United maintain winning start with strong second half show...
- 18:43 Mark Johnston equals Richard Hannon’s British record of 4,193 winners
- 18:39 Rare chance to buy a home and a share of a Georgian mansion
- 18:39 Pop princess Britney Spears wows Scarborough crowd
- 18:37 Kofi Annan: a kind statesman and a gifted diplomat
- 18:34 Boy, 16, charged with murder over Chingford stabbing
- 18:34 Weekend football results
- 18:34 Virat Kohli falls short of century but India edge first day of...
- 18:32 ‘We’re ready and waiting for you’ - relaunch of Operation Galileo
- 18:28 Football League: Roofe strike secures Leeds win, Middlesbrough stay...
- 18:28 Tony Xia tweets - and Aston Villa fans all say the same thing
- 18:20 Coventry City player ratings: The marks for Amadou Bakayoko and Co...
- 18:20 Belarus president fires prime minister after corruption scandal
- 18:16 Celtic transfer news: Brendan Rodgers offers update on Dedryck...