Kate Spade: Death ruled suicide by medical examiner
A New York medical examiner has ruled that Kate Spade's death was caused by suicide, two days after the fashion designer died in her Manhattan flat.
Spade's body was discovered on Tuesday by a cleaner in her Park Avenue home.
Federal health officials said on Thursday that US suicides had risen by 30% since 1999, and presents a "growing public health problem".
Her family said that Spade would have liked if her death could help shed light on mental health issues.
Mental illness 'doesn't discriminate'
"One thing we feel is that any talk that they do that helps somebody else -... read more
- 15:33 'A nice way of describing it' - What led Everton's Yannick Bolasie...
- 15:33 Would you pay more Council Tax for more police officers in Derbyshire?
- 15:32 Everton news: Marco Silva delivers verdict on Yerry Mina's 'tough...
- 15:31 Warning as men in car ask schoolgirls if they are 'legal'
- 15:30 Leeds-bound train passenger spat in guard's face in row over bike
- 15:30 Marks and Spencer knickers display branded 'vomit-inducing'
- 15:30 Trains cancelled at Kenilworth Station
- 15:28 Would you pay more Council Tax for more police officers in Derbyshire?
- 15:28 ‘We’ll do all we can to fight rural crime’ - Deputy PCC
- 15:28 Leeds-bound train passenger spat in guard's face in row over bike
- 15:27 Cheating wife, her lover and his daughter jailed over plot to...
- 15:27 How food partnership has helped transform Melton’s economy over...
- 15:26 How meme fashion is changing our clothes and breaking the internet
- 15:26 ‘Rescuing children almost tipped me over the edge’ Prince William...
- 15:26 Barack Obama thinks Donald Trump’s ‘mommy issues’ make him a...
- 15:24 Police appeal to identify man as part of purse theft investigation
- 15:24 When does the Thomas Cook Black Friday sale start and what can...
- 15:24 YouTube rapper ‘Tommy Armani’ jailed for brandishing ‘gun’ on the...
- 15:24 Project Feed Chorley: Can you help us build the town's new food bank?
- 15:22 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:22 Festive focus at Rushden Lakes’ Nene Wetlands
- 15:20 Agatha Christie webchat with Sophie Hannah – post a question now
- 15:20 Addleshaw Goddard’s Leeds office advised on deals worth more than £2bn
- 15:19 Labour MP tells court she doesn't know who drove speeding Nissan
- 15:19 Strictly Get Dancing raises thousands for children’s hospice
- 15:19 Afghanistan suicide bomber kills scores of Muslim scholars
- 15:18 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:18 Trains cancelled at Kenilworth Station
- 15:18 Samsung Black Friday deals 2018 are here now and they are really good
- 15:16 Wales’ Leigh Halfpenny ruled out of Springboks match due to concussion