Kabul in mourning as more than 100 confirmed dead after ambulance bomb
The death toll of the Taliban suicide bombing in Afghanistan yesterday has risen to 103 people with over 230 injured.
The attacker drove an ambulance filled with explosives into Kabul through a security checkpoint and detonated the explosives minutes later.
Several policemen were killed during the blast which comes after a week after another Taliban attack at the Intercontinental Hotel in the city.
Masoom Stanekzai, head of Afghanistan’s main intelligence agency, said: ‘This is not a civil war, this is a terrorist war imposed on the Afghan people.
‘This is a war in which the Afghan people... read more
- 00:41 Bridget Fox: Now is the time to get us on road to low-carbon future
- 00:41 Police appeal over petrol bomb incidents
- 00:36 Google employees criticise 'censored China search engine'
- 00:36 US police tase 87-year-old woman cutting dandelions
- 00:26 Troubled prisons to trial £10m blitz on drugs and violence
- 00:18 A dry but cloudy Saturday in store
- 00:17 Novel way to help Syrian refugees
- 00:12 Both low and high-carb diets can raise risk of early death, study...
- 00:07 Relaxing e-cigarette laws would cut smoking deaths, say MPs
- 00:02 Why your next flight may go via China
- 00:02 AB Vajpayee: The PM who consolidated India as a nuclear power
- 00:02 'Why I never want babies'
- 00:02 They lost fingers entering Canada. Then what happened?
- 00:02 Obituary: Aretha Franklin
- 00:02 Corona beer owner to pour $4bn into weed
- 00:02 Ancient Egyptian mummification 'recipe' revealed
- 00:02 US Asians hire out cinemas to screen Crazy Rich Asians
- 00:02 Hillary Clinton praises girl for US Pledge of Allegiance protest
- 00:02 Atal Behari Vajpayee: Former India PM dies at 93
- 00:02 Islamic State claims Kabul's latest deadly attacks
- 00:02 Sweden Muslim woman who refused handshake at job interview wins case
- 00:02 Trump wages war of words with ex-CIA chief John Brennan
- 00:02 Pope Francis on side of victims of 'predator' priests in US
- 00:02 India monsoon floods 'kill 106' in Kerala
- 00:02 Wheat gene map to help 'feed the world'
- 00:02 Genoa bridge collapse: 'Miracle escape' stories emerge
- 00:02 Aretha Franklin: Tributes flow in for Queen of Soul
- 00:01 Sick babies at risk from lack of breathing tube monitoring
- 00:01 Liver transplants 'may be unnecessary thanks to new drug treatment'
- 00:01 Lena Dunham marks nine months since hysterectomy