Jury fail to reach verdicts over death of Honley man Darren Moorhouse
Two men accused of murdering Honley man Darren Moorhouse during a disturbance at a property in Halifax are to face a retrial after a jury failed to reach any verdicts.
The 49-year-old died after suffering a single stab wound to the heart during a violent incident at a property in Athol Close, Ovenden, in January.
A jury at Bradford Crown Court was told that 26-year-old Buxton man Dale Dwyer was responsible for the fatal stabbing, but both he and his co-accused Christopher Churchill, 34, denied the murder charge during a two-week trial.
The jury heard defence claims that Mr Moorhouse had... read more
- 21:51 M6 blocked near Preston after lorry hits central reservation
- 21:44 Jose Mourinho reveals setback for new Manchester United signing...
- 21:42 Nelson Mandela's 100th birthday quiz
- 21:13 Netflix and Amazon become more popular than pay-TV services
- 21:12 Asthma deaths rise 25% amid growing air pollution crisis
- 21:12 How disgraced anti-vaxxer Andrew Wakefield was embraced by Trump's...
- 21:12 Autistic people wait years for diagnosis in some parts of England
- 21:04 'Death by dowry' claim by bereaved family in India
- 21:04 Libya migrant centres near breaking point after spike in arrivals
- 21:04 Sean Black put in charge of increasing One Nation membership in...
- 21:04 Rio police poised to arrest plastic surgeon 'Dr Bumbum'
- 21:04 Notes on a scandal: why Trump loves to scrawl in marker pen
- 21:04 'I did it for freedom' – Nelson Mandela's quiet comrade
- 21:04 Man guilty of plot to behead Theresa May in Isis-inspired attack
- 21:04 Wildfires rage in Arctic Circle as Sweden calls for help
- 21:04 Libyan coastguard accused of abandoning three migrants in sea
- 21:04 Champagne and roses on first Ethiopia-Eritrea flight in two decades
- 21:04 Summit critics have Trump derangement syndrome – says Trump
- 21:04 Thai cave footballers and coach describe 'miracle' rescue
- 21:04 Illustrator Chris Riddell attacks school tests with 'Sats beasties'...
- 21:04 Why do black male graduates earn £7,000 less per year than their...
- 21:03 Watchdog reviews complaints about World Cup betting ads
- 21:03 Football transfer rumours: Chelsea want Petr Cech back from Arsenal?
- 21:03 Who has won the World Cup and European Cup in the same year?
- 21:03 A bloke in nets who can be relied upon to catch the ball
- 21:03 Premier League pre-season 2018: a full list of all the clubs’...
- 21:03 José Mourinho fears Alexis Sánchez will miss US tour after visa issue
- 21:03 Is Nascar's next Danica Patrick coming down the track?
- 21:03 Ten players whose transfer values surged at the World Cup
- 21:03 Why making pitchers bat is one of baseball's most beautiful facets