Judith Blake: Why towns and cities need each other
STRONGER towns benefit cities
and stronger cities benefit towns.
That’s the simple message behind Talk of the Town, a new report by Centre for Cities and Core Cities UK published today.
As Core City leaders, we’re used to criticism that the urban agenda has been too focused on cities and ignores other places, some of them in Yorkshire, that have their own challenges but are often wrongly labelled as ‘struggling’ or ‘left behind”.
We’ve always argued that strong cities are key to creating a country that works for everyone, regardless of whether you live in Goole or Glasgow.
But what... read more
- 04:26 Gender Recognition Act: 'Why we want identity rules changed'
- 04:26 'My husband died, and I still have many unanswered questions'
- 04:26 The bang on the head that knocked English out of me
- 04:26 Children 'at risk of blackmail due to live-streaming surge'
- 04:26 Derbyshire family left devastated after thieves steal animals meant...
- 04:20 Next phase for ‘Edinburgh’s new neighbour’ unveiled
- 04:15 Teach children how to avoid dog bites, say MPs
- 04:15 Blind British man climbs Europe's highest mountain
- 04:15 Brexit: 'Expectations low' as PM heads to Brussels
- 04:15 The students who fear for their ambitions amid college cuts
- 04:04 YouTube down: video service crashes for several hours
- 03:54 Canada becomes second country to legalise recreational marijuana
- 03:01 US moves to negotiate trade deals with Japan, UK, EU
- 02:55 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:28 The best responses to Piers Morgan dad-shaming Daniel Craig
- 02:27 Preston and Chorley Hospitals still on the road to recovery, as...
- 02:22 Chelsea News: Bale for Hazard claim, striker interest confirmed,...
- 02:21 Ian Kiernan: 'Clean Up the World' environmentalist dies
- 02:04 Global register set up to keep criminals out of aid sector
- 01:53 Prince Harry and Meghan begin tour of drought-stricken Dubbo
- 01:43 Trump denounces Cohen and defends Saudi Arabia in wide-ranging...
- 01:28 Afghan drought 'displacing more people than Taliban'
- 01:24 Self-lubricating condom designed to reduce infections
- 01:17 Royal baby name odds: what will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle call...
- 01:09 Mike is a high flier
- 01:03 Why Halloween's reboot is bringing Jamie Lee Curtis so much attention
- 00:57 Bernard Ingham: My advice to Theresa May ahead of EU summit on...
- 00:53 Sarah Champion: Victims must get support in their darkest hours
- 00:48 Nigeria midwife murders: Brutal IS tactics rekindle new fears
- 00:48 Orthodox Church split: Five reasons why it matters