Judge warns offender “excuses will not work” as she is threatened with jail
A judge warned an offender that more excuses will not spare her from jail if she continues to fail to comply with her suspended prison sentence.
Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Tuesday, July 17, how Clare Pocock, 39, of Ludham Gardens, Newbold, Chesterfield, admitted breaching a suspended sentence imposed for driving while disqualified when she failed to attend appointments and breached her curfew.
Defence solicitor Steve Brint said Pocock had suffered mental health problems after a troubled relationship, has been struggling with a child with mental health issues, had failed to... read more
- 20:52 Barcelona star Lionel Messi forced off with arm injury ahead of...
- 20:41 Nicola Sturgeon pulls out BBC event after 'racist' Donald Trump...
- 20:40 Criticism of “risky” proposals for new Lichfield District Council...
- 20:33 Inter’s Milan Skriniar admits being flattered by interest from...
- 20:31 Naked Brit groom tied to tree in stag prank sparks Benidorm backlash
- 20:30 Major Ashfield road closed after crash
- 20:29 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp criticises his players despite win...
- 20:26 Weekend rugby results
- 20:26 Weekend football results
- 20:25 Man City boss Pep Guardiola makes big goalscoring claim, talks...
- 20:22 Primark is selling Harry Potter and Ron Weasley Christmas jumpers
- 20:22 Cov uni professor's heart stopped in supermarket - and now he wants...
- 20:21 ‘Backlash’: Northern Territory alcohol floor price divides community
- 20:21 Donald Trump and Joe Biden exchange blows in Nevada as midterms loom
- 20:16 African town in rush to snap up Ponte ‘delicacy’
- 20:12 Lampard hails 'huge win' as Derby County see off Sheffield United
- 20:10 These important rules on sleeping next to babies could save your...
- 20:09 Mohamed Salah sends message to critics after Liverpool’s win...
- 20:04 Football League: Leeds continue to slip, Macclesfield avoid...
- 20:04 Alex Lewington’s late try adds gloss to Saracens’ routine win over...
- 20:04 Mohamed Salah strike settles nervy Liverpool win over Huddersfield
- 20:02 Magic Milner hits late winner for Belper Town
- 20:02 REPORT: Derby County 2-1 Sheffield United
- 20:01 Woman who injured brain ‘tram surfing’ sues rail company for £485,000
- 20:00 Charlie Sloth tells Edith Bowman to 'f**k her life' in awards...
- 20:00 The video that speaks volumes about Wolverhampton Wanderers under Nuno
- 19:58 Custom-built bicycle stolen in knifepoint robbery on Sheffield street
- 19:55 Custom-built bicycle stolen in knifepoint robbery on Sheffield street
- 19:46 Nicola Sturgeon quits BBC event over Steve Bannon invitation
- 19:46 John Bercow must resign if Westminster is to reform – Labour MP